Jobs at HOERBIGER Group
ONE GROUP, THREE STRATEGIC BUSINESS UNITS
The HOERBIGER Group – that’s the sum of the Strategic Business Units Compression Technology, Automation Technology, and Drive Technology.
The Group supports the Strategic Business Units through efficient Corporate Functions: the Strategic Business Unit Finance/Controlling as well as the Corporate Functions of Human Resources, Communications, Research and Development, Business Development, Audit, and Process Management.
The HOERBIGER Group has 6,388 employees at the end of December 2013.
COMPRESSION TECHNOLOGY: PERFORMANCE-DEFINING SOLUTIONS FOR ENGINES AND COMPRESSORS
HOERBIGER Compression Technology has 4,051 employees worldwide. The Strategic Business Unit Compression Technology remains the strongest performer in the HOERBIGER Group. Posting sales of 572.0 million euros, the performance in 2013 was virtually unchanged compared to the previous year‘s figure of 574.0 million euros.
The worldwide network encompassing 12 production plants as well as approximately 90 service locations allows the Strategic Business Unit Compression Technology to optimally serve its customers around the globe.
The role involves setting up and operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting & repairing reciprocating compressors, other process and industrial compressors and rotary equipment under the guidance of the Authorised Manager.
- Complete daily production and seal specifications logs as required by supervisor.
- Perform preventive maintenance on production line machinery.
- Requires the ability use of hand tools which may include various wrenches (manual, electric or air), torque wrenches etc.
- Responsibilities for maintaining safe workplace and comply with Flowserve applicable Safety, Health and Environment standards, policy, rules and procedures.
- Ensure proper housekeeping is done within the workstation and use tools and equipment safety.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and obey all safety requirements
- Handling of Compressor/ Rotary machines, dismantling, inspection/ taking dimensions of parts, prepare parts list, preparing the spares/ unit for assembly, hydro wash, sandblasting, reconditioning of components, hydro test, assembling with spares, trial run, preparation for dispatch etc. thru good engineering practices and quality procedures as per requirements.
- Working on-site, troubleshooting, maintenance, overhauling of compressors/ rotary machines, trial runs etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
Academic and/or Professional
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
At least 3-year experience working on manual lathe machining.
Skills and Competencies:
- Solid mechanical background in either valves, machinery, pumps, compressors or engines repair (good understanding of mechanical operations of machinery).
- Knowledge of measuring tools, ability to read and understand measurements
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Method of Application