Lafarge Nigeria Is Recruiting
Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. Located in 64 countries with 65,000 employees, the vision of Lafarge in Nigeria is to be the most trusted and preferred partner of Nigerian construction professionals and home builders by delivering cement and concrete solutions that are best in quality, environmentally sustainable and nationwide available at affordable cost.
Lafarge currently operates 4 cement plants in Nigeria (Ashaka in North East Nigeria; Ewekoro I, Ewekoro II and Sagamu in South West Nigeria) and 7 commercial readymix concrete batching plants in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
STRATEGY & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Business Development Opportunities: Proactively identify, follow up and shortlist new business development opportunities. Determine and convert viable ones into projects.
- Projects: Research, preparation of justifications documents (executive summaries, detailed backup write-up, financial models,…) necessary to confirm viability or projects/business initiatives and key considerations for their implementation. These will be in a variety of areas. Examples include:
- New Business Line Development e.g. Aggregates, Pre-cast, etc
- New Strategic Assets Development e.g. Ports development,..etc
- Expansion of existing Business lines e.g. Cement new line, Readymix expansion etc
- Energy Strategic Actions e.g. partnerships with energy players , new power plants, new combustibles,.. etc
- Group Strategic Projects: projects identified as part of Lafarge Group strategy
- High impact productivity Improvement Projects: Selected projects aimed at exploiting new business opportunities and/or enhancing our competitiveness
Business Unit (BU) Support: Collaborate with Business Units to identify value adding projects/initiatives identified with BUs – holder of position will be expected to proactively identify such opportunities and propose to BUs with backup. Collaborative mode of working with BUs will be very crucial for success.
- Management Cycle (Strategic Review):
- Own and drive the strategic review part of the management cycle – ensure that all deliverables are delivered on time e.g. (a) – Strategic Plan, Country Ambition Plan, Marketing Plan,…etc) (b) Supply Demand campaigns etc
- Refresh and clarify the Nigeria Strategic Roadmap (using appropriate tools as necessary e.g. Strategic Value Analysis (SVA), benchmarking..etc). This should include Investment Roadmap and key Strategic Progress Actions to enhance Lafarge competitiveness
- Market Research:
Market Research: Carry out research/analysis that will help us to understand the market and customers better. In particular, aimed at how we can ‘differentiate’ ourselves Vs competition.
Competitor/Industry Intelligence & benchmarking: gather data/intelligence on competitors & industry in general using publicly available information and other best estimates – to cover business performance & benchmarking (cost comparisons, efficiency ratios, current/upcoming production & import capacities, ….), price comparisons (including import zip prices), Supply/Demand balance etc
- Adhoc Analysis: Provide analysis on important topics that may be identified from time to time,…. and assist to derive key messages/action plans from the analysis.
- Others Tasks: As may be assigned from time to time by N+1 in consultation with indirect report.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business field. Possession of a relevant postgraduate qualification (e.g. MBA) would be an added advantage.
- At least 8 years’ experience. Variety of experiences [e.g. sales, marketing, finance, supply chain, etc.] is important.
- Possession of good appreciation and understanding of strategic and business planning frameworks, principles and techniques e.g. investment analysis/justification
- High level of analytical and performance management skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Very good project and change management skills
- The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
- Good communication & Interpersonal skills
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization, including Executive/Board level
- Ability to influence and work independently with minimum supervision