Latest Career Opportunities At UniCem
In Nigeria, the name, UniCem stands for advanced technology, quality product and the leading supplier of cement in the South-South and South-East regions. As the second largest cement plant in Nigeria, our core activities are the manufacture and sale of Ordinary Portland Cement.
UniCem has its head office based in Calabar and all cement manufacturing operations have been consolidated at the 2.5million tons per annum Mfamosing plant, north-east of Calabar.
Our mission statement indicates that we strive to be one of the most socially responsible cement companies in Nigeria. In achieving this we operate on the basis of best practices in accordance with shareholder, lender and local Nigerian legal and regulatory requirements so far as corporate governance, good corporate citizenship and sustainable practices
Senior Internal Auditor
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Perform periodic risk assessments of the company’s business environment
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the organisation’s system of internal control and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities at least once every year.
- Assist with preparation of annual audit plan to ensure effective and efficient conduct of audit execution
- Hold pre-audit meetings based on audit time table and agreed ad-hoc with HIC&A
- Conduct routine audits according to annual audit plan to ensure compliance to management policies and procedures.
- Review the set procedures to ensure adequacy, relevance, and completeness.
- Review, evaluate, and update audit program for each audit job assigned.
- Report of any material misuse of funds, embezzlement or other acts of fraud, and obtain response from persons concerned with issue identified.
- Generate report and ensure that they are dispatched to various relevant recipients.
- Assist with review of new procedures and policy to conform to best practice.
- Decide on job allocation for team members (where necessary) and decide on the high risk areas.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BSc./HND in Business Related, Legal or Engineering Field, ACA/ACCA/CPA OR Equivalent.
- MSc or MBA in Business Management, CIA, CISA or CFE would be an additional advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance and Audit, Two (2) of which must be with reputable Audit Firm.
- Professional Experience in one of the BIG FOUR (Deliotte, KPMG, PWC, EY) is an added advantage.
- Planning and Organizing
- Principles and Values
- Analytical and Decision-Making
- Personal Qualities – Drive and Resilience