The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
DRC fulfils its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally, and in Denmark, on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. We understand “durable solutions” as any means by which the situation of refugees can be permanently and satisfactorily resolved, enabling them to live normal lives. Durable solutions can be voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement. In Denmark, DRC assists refugees in all aspects of integration as well as asylum procedures. Internationally, DRC actively participates in supporting the protection of refugees, and promoting durable solutions for conflict-affected populations.
Consultant For Small Business Skills Training For DRC’s Livelihoods Programme In Northeastern Nigeria
- To organize and facilitate small business management training of trainers for at least 15DRC staff
- Develop small business training module and methodologies for training delivery; provide simulation training to identified staff ofDRC.
- Design templates and tools for business plan development to provide guidance on beneficiary training on business planning
- Develop systematic methodologies, templates and tools to facilitate business plan review which may include the following but not limited to;
- Develop and provide a comprehensive list of appropriate training materials to DRC.
- Develop training modules and appropriate simulation materials.
- Develop appropriate templates for business plan design (designs should be simplified to cater for lower literacy individuals)
- Develop business plan review techniques, providing temple and tools for business plan review. These are to be used by DRC staff during selection of beneficiaries to receive business grants.
- Assess training facility and determine appropriateness to conduct business management training
- Organize and facilitate small business management training to at least 15 DRC staff and mentoring for training of at least 650 beneficiaries.
- Carry out pre and post training evaluations in order to determine outcome of the training
- Produce a comprehensive training report that highlights the followings:
- Background of the project and the training participants
- Objective of the training
- Number and brief demographic characteristics of training participants
- Description of training methodologies used
- Challenges experienced in the execution of the training
- Conclusion and recommendations for the future
- Small Business Management Training organized and delivered
- Business plan templates, business plan review methodologies and templates submitted to trained DRC staff.
- Training materials developed intomodules and relevant DRC staff trained on its implementation
- Monitoring and support provided to DRC staff during training
- Comprehensive training report developed and submitted
- An Advanced Degree in Development Studies, Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Social Sciences or equivalent experience in the field of commerce.
- At least five 5 years of progressive field experience in small entrepreneurship development.
- Experience in monitoring, quality control and institutional capacity building efforts and development projects, preferably in post-conflict countries.
- A demonstrated understanding and analytical capacity in the identification of issues relating to indicators of performance in projects.
- Knowledge of ILO/CARE certified small business management training is an asset
- Experience in overseas deployment in insecure and volatile environment.
- Familiar with current and past socio-economic-political and cultural dynamics of North East Nigeria.
- Good proficiency, in oral and written English is a must.
- Proficiency in using computer applications, including software such as Power Point and Word
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Proactive and resourceful
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council (DRC) career website on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply
Deadline: 5 June, 2017