Latest Job Position At Oracle Nigeria
Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. Oracle’s product strategy provides flexibility and choice to our customers across their IT infrastructure. Now, with Sun server, storage, operating-system, and virtualization technology, Oracle is the only vendor able to offer a complete technology stack in which every layer is integrated to work together as a single system. In addition, Oracle’s open architecture and multiple operating-system options gives our customers unmatched benefits from industry-leading products, including excellent system availability, scalability, energy efficiency, powerful performance, and low total cost of ownership.
Senior Legal Counsel
To engage in the establishment/expansion of Oracle’s hub in Lagos, including providing a full range of in-house legal services to the teams based at the hub, supporting Oracle’s compliance and ethics team in the region, providing training on Oracle’s corporate practices to internal clients and channel partners, and providing company secretarial support for Oracle entities in Africa.
Location: This role will be based in Lagos, supporting Nigeria and Ghana.
- Responsible for legal function at Lagos hub and provision of legal support to all groups based there.
- Responsibility for legal support in Nigeria, and supporting other members of the team in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Ruanda and Tanzania.
- Close liaison with Finance function in relation to the establishment, growth and day to day operation of the Lagos hubs
- Independent handling of major tasks, business and improvement projects
- Continuous interface with local management
- Close liaison with Deal Managment organisation
- Develop and maintain relationships with external lawyers
- Engagement of external lawyers as required
- Implementing and providing training on legal policies and business practices
- Liaison with regional managment to establish work priorities
- Provide transactional support for local sales operations, including drafting, vetting and negotiating major/non-standard agreements
- Respond to adhoc queries, providing appropriate solutions
- Work closely with lawyers throughout Oracle
- Identify, analyse and evaluate risks
- Ensure compliance with Oracle business practices, policies, procedures and law
- Provide training to other Oracle functions on legal policy and business practices.
- Management of disputes / litigation
- Participate in EMEA-wide initiatives as required
- Corporate housekeeping / company secretarial duties for Oracle’s subsidiaries registered in Africa.
Compliance & Ethics Functions
- Collaborate with the Compliance & Ethics Legal team, external counsel, Business Assessment & Audit, Global Information Security and the global compliance team as well as Finance and Human Resources, as appropriate, to investigate allegations of unethical behavior or other violations of Oracle policy
- Collaborate with the Alliances & Channels organization to ensure the selection of Oracle distribution partners that are committed to ethical business conduct and to encourage those partners in the implementation of effective compliance programs.
- Handle escalations of Oracle distribution partner issues that arise, whether through investigations or routine due diligence.
- Meet with distribution partners to underscore Oracle’s commitment to ethical business practices.
- Work with Compliance & Ethics Legal in relation to the administraion of processes for review of various matters such as expenses, gifts and entertainment, and conflicts of interest to ensure compliance with Oracle’s policies.
- Identify areas of legal compliance risk and collaborate with the Compliance & Ethics Legal team to mitigate the risk.
- Work with the Compliance & Ethics Legal team to identify common concerns, establish common standards and propagate best practices.
- Develop an expertise in the anti-corruption laws and related legal landscape, monitor ethics and compliance developments, identify best practices and champion adoption as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Compliance & Ethics team to deliver customized employee and partner trainings in the region.
- Collaborate with the Compliance & Ethics Legal team to continuously improve Oracle’s Compliance and Ethics Programme in the region.
- Fluency in English
- High-level legal drafting skills (also in English)
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values
- Commercial negotiation experience, ideally in the IT or other hi-tech industry.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Practical and creative thinking and problem solving
- Commercial outlook with excellent judgement and the capacity to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Willingness to travel in the region on a regular basis
Minimum job requirements
- Law degree and professional qualification.
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- French language capability an advantage.
- Previous experience in industry preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.