Latest Job Vacancies At Guiness Nigeria Plc – 2 openings
We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Demand Safety Manager
Reports To: Sales Director / Commercial Development Director
- To protect People, brands and the reputation of the Diageo Africa Business, processes must operate effectively and efficiently to ensure adherence to legislation, Diageo’s policies and the Diageo Global Risk Management Standards. This is in order to satisfy Diageo’s governance requirements of its operating units.
- Diageo has established a requirement to provide operational risk management support across its Demand locations in Africa.
- This role impacts on sales volumes in supply centres delivering Net Sales Volume through driving risk management standards and improvement across the Nigeria Demand offices. The role holder will drive the roll out of risk management standards across the Demand locations in Nigeria.
- The role operates in multiple locations across Nigeria, as well as interacting at a regional and global level with Safety leadership teams and functions. The role includes ensuring compliance with diverse regulatory systems and setting and adapting standards as needed.
- Lead and Support the Safety activities across Nigeria’s Demand business to ensure they embed and sustain a culture of Compliance to all the Diageo Risk management standards including legal compliance.
- Lead Safety management initiatives through the Demand leadership teams to ensure they are entrenched across all locations.
- Embed Diageo Standards in all Demand locations in Nigeria, including training required at the locations
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Proven track record in Safety management
- NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) Certificate level in Health & Safety or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Influencing without authority
- Change management skills
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to prioritise, plan, manage and delegate the workload.
- Failure to convince key stakeholders to prioritise the risk management agenda
- Insufficient drive and resilience to achieve desired results
Flexible Working options:
- The position requires a considerable amount of business travel. Therefore the incumbent needs to manage the role effectively from a variety of locations.
Trade Reconciliation Executive
Reports To: Trade Development Manager – Beer
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo. It is number 2 in the World for Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (FES) and number 1 for FES In Africa.
A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective Customer Marketing team demonstrating industry leadership- translating trade strategy and brand Game Plans into a world class Commercial plan – winning the visibility war at the point of purchase and meeting both trade and consumer needs.
The Trade Reconciliation Executive supports the Trade Development Manager in the effective administration of brand budget
b) Market Complexity
- The Trade Reconciliation Executive is to ensure effective activities tracking, measurement and evaluation are done on time and in line with GNPLC standards
- Ensures activities are delivered in line with standard time lines and required tools available for the sales force
Purpose of Role
- Deliver Sustainable Competitive advantage for GNPlc by:
- Supporting the Trade Development Manager to drive the GNPLC commercial agenda; developing strong customer relationship tools that deliver competitive advantage, deploying strong collaboration with internal stakeholders and a deep understanding of customer needs in order to support the Category and Divisional teams toward Brilliant execution in line with annual KPIs.
- Supporting in enabling Joint Value creation with customers
- Initiate activity tracking, traffic management and measurement
- Collate the quarterly cycle briefs/sales kits development and co-ordinate the deployment processes
- Track trade activity / promo reconciliations
- Support the category and commercial planning teams
- Reconciliations: Activity reconciliations with third party agency, Divisions (tactical) and OTC
- Activity Tracking and Trend Analysis: End to end activity tracking, reporting and evaluation
- Activity Planning: Leads the translation of portfolio game plans/activity calendars into GNPlc Central Activity calendar. Ensures activity planning is consistently focused on driving brilliant execution across activity. Drives the commercial planning discipline with category teams and all stakeholders.
- Budget Management: Support the work on Advertising & Promotion budget effectiveness and management of Customer Marketing fixed budget.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A strong track record in field sales
- Understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities and tools. Strong capability and understanding of Insights, Sales Drivers, Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships
- Minimum 2 years field experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Barriers to Success in Role
- Being out of touch with trade, shopper/consumer and field sales due to too much time spent in the office
- Inability to collaborate effectively with the category teams and field sales.
- Loss of personal integrity.
- Inability to properly identify risks, and plan mitigation steps.
Flexible Working Options
- Based at Headquarters in Lagos.
- Head office maximum 75% of time, in trade minimum 25% of the time