Latest Opportunity At Adam Smith International
Vacancy type Permanent position
Location Nigeria, Kano and Abuja
Service areas(s) Private Sector Development
About the role
Our Private Sector Development team is growing fast. We need a strong Manager to join us. We’re looking for someone who can lead on bids for large and complex projects, has a track record of winning, setting up and managing successful projects.
Managers play a fundamental role in our operating model, managing the technical and financial performance of projects, as well as leading business development. The Manager will be resident in Nigeria. Specific responsibilities include:
· Support technical and project management teams in the planning, budgeting, and resourcing of interventions;
· Scrutinise intervention strategies and plans as part of the intervention approval process, to ensure that all programme activities will deliver results and value for money;
· Work with the Project Director to create a high-performing programme, including effective human resource management and organisational development;
· Monitor whether programme interventions are on-track to deliver results; flag any issues to the Project Director;
· Ensure that cross-cutting issues such as gender and political economy are effectively mainstreamed into the programme;
· Provide technical and strategic inputs, as required;
· Ensure that project processes and procedures are fit-for-purpose and are effectively implemented;
· Provide financial oversight of interventions including maintenance of a resource burn-rate, an accurate financial forecast and provision of other management reports;
· Support implementation of interventions including financial management, recruitment, duty of care, and contracting;
· Liaise the programme client; support quarterly and annual reporting.
An Adam Smith International Manager should have the ability to build effective relationships with clients from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, and to work effectively in politically sensitive and challenging environments. He/she should relish managing teams, should be innovative, energetic, positive, and genuinely committed to achieving lasting change in their work.
We are looking for a Manager who combines the management skills of a professional consultant and the drive of an emerging market entrepreneur, with a healthy appetite for challenges and a desire to travel.
Adam Smith International seeks the following skills and experience:
· A postgraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, business management, or other relevant field from a top-tier university;
· A minimum of 3/5 years work experience in market development, consulting or a relevant industry experience;
· A demonstrated interest in economic development, particularly in developing countries;
· Demonstrated experience of using initiative, client-orientation, risk taking, and working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
· Willingness to travel and to be relocated in Nigeria;
· Outstanding written and spoken English;
· Enthusiasm, flexibility and a strong attention to detail;
· Excellent communication, inter-personal, and team-working skills;
· Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio;
· You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
· Take responsibility (Accountability)
We are individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
· Always find a way (Resourcefulness)
We think innovatively to reach a solution.
· Promote Quality (Excellence)
We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
· Commit to the Outcome (Achievement)
We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results
We’ve built a culture to reflect our principles, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
How to apply:
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and short cover letter to [email protected] with a subject line of “Nigeria – Manager”. Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.