Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities
Location: Dikwa and Ngala (Borno State) with movements inside the state
Probationary Period: 3 months
Delocalized Status & Benefits: Applicable
Contract Duration: 6 months, subject to renewal upon available donor funding.
- Under the supervision of the administrative coordinator, the Administrative Manager carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures.
- He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers.
- He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
- He supports monitors and trains the members of his administrative team.
List of main activities:
Administrative management of personnel:
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
- Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base
- Supervise the archiving, handling and security of Solidarités International personnel files
- Draft employment contracts for employees at his/her base, and ensure that they are adhered to
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan
- Assist in ordering and determining disciplinary measures
- Apply the formalities provided for sanctions and for termination or breach of contract
- Supervise the collection of elements needed to establish wages and monitor their proper implementation
- Calculate taxes, complete returns and make statements and payments to the necessary organizations
- Assist in defining and applying Solidarités International’s salary and social policies
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Oversee the setting up of legal representation and consultation bodies for personnel at his/her base, and assist in conflict management and resolution
- Conduct meetings and communication with personnel
- Track the cost of living
- Update the mission organization chart
- Team management
- Define the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative team
- Lead meetings for the administrative team
- Manage his/her base’s cash-flow and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied.
- Manage transfers and monitor the security of funds
- Formulate cash-flow forecasts with the logistics officer and the program managers
- Supervise the upkeep and security of safes and cash-boxes
- Validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures
- Supervise account keeping at his/her base, monitor cash balances
- Monitor bank books for his/her base and keep the safe
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
- Verify the accounting files before they are sent to coordination
Budgetary / financial monitoring:
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyze budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress
- Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Aid the administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
- Administrative management of the mission
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base
- Assist in selecting Solidarités International premises
- Ensure administrative monitoring of insurance locations, claims and contracts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International on request and/or by order
- Supervise the sending of administrative files to the coordination
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are made to the coordination according to the Solidarités administrative calendar.
Personal abilities :
- Languages: English, (Hausa, Kanuri a plus)
- Professional experience: 3 – 5 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, good knowledge of the local market.
Technical competences :
- Training: Bsc. Accounting/HND Accounting
- Microsoft Office ( Excel and Word skills).
- Familiarization with Accounting Software – SAGA, Quickbooks etc.
HR Coordinator Deputy
Job Location: Maiduguri Coordination Office
Beginning of contract: 19/2/2018
Contract duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension) – Probation period: 1 month
Salary and conditions: in accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- The HR Coordinator Deputy supports the HR coordinator in defining and implementing the national HR policy.
- He/she guarantees the correct implementation of HR and SI policy on the mission.
- He/she ensures legal, fiscal and administrative support to HR Coordinator and administrators for all National HR related matters.
- He/she actively participates in implementing training and development programs for national staff.
- He/she supports the HR Coordinator in the administrative management, follow-up and visa process related international staff.
- Upon request, ensure the HR Coordinator responsibilities and tasks (in case of absence) in direct link with the Country Director
List of main activities:
- Design and Implementation of the national HR policies
- Take part in the development of the national HR policies
- Participate in defining and monitoring the implementation of HR policies
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in social policies
- Propose improvements to employee working conditions
- Ensure appropriateness and coherence between mission job descriptions and SI standard Job Descriptions
- Ensure the SI functions Grid is applied on the mission and the recruitment process respected
- If necessary, participate in rewriting the Salary Grid (benchmark…)
- Continually ensure coherence between SI HR policy and national laws
- Human Resources management (national and international)
- Design and implement HR training sessions for SI Managers and for the administrative teams
- Supervise annual performance process; participate in implementing staff promotions
- Design and put in place an annual training program, supervise its implementation and monitor its impact
- Participate in the implementation of career planning and the management of staff mobility
- Improve recruitment procedures; participate in the recruitment process for national staff
- Ensure relations with employee, in particular by taking part in the HR meetings
- Ensure minimum staffing levels for the administrative service during periods of absence (vacation, illness…)
Human Resources Administration
- Keep informed of all documents and developments associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training
- Ensure that HR procedures are respected and understood at mission level
- Supervise the administrative and contractual management of personnel recruitment and hiring
- Organize and conduct the HR briefing and/or induction sessions
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance, contract amendments, visa, Flight ticket, break…)
- Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents…)
- Update the monthly HR reporting Pack, check and consolidate for the whole mission
- Ensure the respect of the HR monthly calendar
- Payroll, Tax and Social Contributions Management
- Proceed and supervise the monthly salaries calculation and payroll processing for the whole mission
- Update and check the monthly related HR databases and payroll variables
- Ensure the payslip signature and archiving at timeof all payroll related documents
- Ensure the monthly calculation of the Tax and social contribution for the whole mission
- Ensure that Taxes and social contributions statements and payments are made to the concerned authorities for the whole mission
- Ensure that staff personal files are kept up to date and archived according the proper guidelines for the whole mission
- Ensure preparation of HR files for Audit
- Ensure hard and soft archiving, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents
- Ensure that hard files from the bases are brought back to coordination on a regular basis
- Conduct the quarterly mailing of HR archives to HQ
- Update and consolidate monthly the mission organizational chart and its targeted version
- Update and consolidate the monthly statistical report for HQ
- Update and consolidate the SI ID card needs and send to the Logistics department
- Report to each head of department on a weekly and monthly basis Human Resources related information about their respective teams.
- Update monthly the International Staff FU and prepare the HR shuttle for HQ
Communication / representation
- Work closely with and support the Administrative Managers
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative, legal, fiscal authorities at a national level
- Is the focal point of the consultants with who SI is working on HR related matters (Tax, Visa, lawyers)
- Assist the HR coordinator with report related HR, proposals and with drawing up HR sizing set-up
- Participate to the HR strategy definition
- Participate to the internal and external HR meetings and represented SI upon request
- Ensure that relevant HR information are published on the information board
- Report to the HR Coo any alerts concerning Solidarites International Staff and support the HR Coordinator in the social dialogue
- Ensure the HR data and information confidentiality
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: HR Coordinator
Line Report(s) [on Base]: –
Functional Manager: -HQ national referent
Functional Report(s): -Administrative Managers and Assistants
3 years of previous experience as HR Officer or Manager in an international NGO
Languages: English and Haussa at proficiency level
Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks
University Degree or MBA in Human Resources or related fields
IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word,Power point
Method of Application
Please submit your CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to [email protected]
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
Deadline: Friday 9th of February 2018 at 1 pm
Solidarites International is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Deadline: 9 February, 2018