Latest Recruitment At Hobark International Inc
Senior Manager – Projects
Manage the overall project engineering, construction and installation management of offshore and onshore oil and gas projects execution (FEED, detailed engineering, procurement and construction) through handover to the Production Operations department in a safe and efficient manner meeting all company’s and industry HSE standards.
Projects typically include upgrades and expansion of existing facilities to accommodate infield drilling and secondary recovery (primarily water injection). Projects are typically in the $US 10 – 150 million range with an annual portfolio of some $US 150 – 300 million.
This role is viewed as a back up to the General Manager Facilities.
Safely manage all company’s offshore and onshore projects, related project staff and work in line with business objectives fully adhering to HSE, corporate policies, and regulatory requirements. Formulate and manage all tasks/staff needed to ensure the successful engineering and execution of assigned projects on time, within budget and with due regard to HSE and quality, including:
1. Manage preparation of Project Execution Plans (PEP’s), determine, and carry out contract strategies required for engineering, procurement, fabrication, transportation, installation and hook up and commissioning.
2. Preparation of PEP’s and execution thereof are to adhere to the Facilities Management System (AFMS) which uses the concept of gateway reviews and formal, systematic approvals.
3. Identify needs and assemble PMT’s to successfully manage and execute assigned Projects on a matrix basis making appropriate use of support groups available within Facilities. Where shortfalls exist, these are to be identified and corrective actions proposed.
4. Establish budgets for assigned projects and raise corresponding Approval-For-Expenditure Requests (AFE’s), and monitor the same.
5. Establish individual project specific schedules and cost control procedures and monitor the same.
6. Carry out schedule and cost risk assessments on assigned projects and regularly review and update same. Establish a risk register and develop mitigation plans for all major identified risks.
7. Ensure engineering design of projects adequately accommodates for Production requirements in terms of operability and obtain Production acceptance of same.
8. Coordinate all construction activities including offshore installation and hook up and commissioning.
9. Liaise closely with Production department on all aspects of the offshore execution including Permits to Work, shutdowns, and work coordination to ensure that the Projects are completed and formally handed over on schedule.
10. Provide project engineering support to Facilities Central Engineering in the preparation of Front End Engineering (PIN, Conceptual Engineering, and Field Development Planning).
11. Provide input to Technical Work Programmes and annual budgets as part of the annual business cycle.
12. Provide monthly reports both on an overall consolidated project portfolio and individual project basis in accordance with Facilities reporting requirements.
13. Prepare Project close out and “lessons learnt” reports for each project upon completion.
Degree in an engineering or relevant technical discipline.
Membership of a relevant Professional Engineering organization
1. Minimum of 20 years senior managerial experience of managing project managers in project, engineering and construction management in the upstream oil and gas industry (both onshore and offshore).
2. Previous direct experience in offshore facilities construction work, especially installation of platforms and laying pipelines, as well as working on facilities expansions where simultaneous production and construction operations are required.
3. Previous experience of working in Nigeria is preferred but not essential.
4. Previous experience working internationally is a prerequisite.
5. Managed multidiscipline teams of diverse cultural backgrounds.
6. Computer literate (including sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MSProject ).
1. Ability to deliver quality projects safely with due regard to the environment, on time and within budget.
2. Good understanding of Project Management systems and the application thereof.
3. Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency, accuracy and quality is essential.
4. Good understanding of the relevant engineering codes and standards.
5. Good interpersonal skills
6. Familiarity with HSES Management systems and the application thereof, in particular HAZOP’s and safety cases.
7. Fluent spoken and written English.
1. Good communication skills.
2. Ability to prioritise without losing attention to detail