Latest Vacancies At Solina Group
The Solina Group comprises four subsidiaries that provide a diverse range of services aimed at improving the effectiveness of our clients including governments, businesses, academic institutions and development institutions. Our focus is on delivering lasting value through the work we do, making us trusted advisors to all our clients and partners. We have a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals, who apply proven business methods and in-depth knowledge of the settings in which we work, to consistently provide the highest quality of service to all our clients and partners.
The Finance Officer is a member of the finance, audit and compliance team of the organization with primary responsibility for financial reports preparation, operations and administrative support. The Finance Officer will maintain strong collaboration with the Head of Finance in fulfilling timely and quality financial reporting, internal control improvement initiatives as well as offering Sub-grantees support.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Recording financial transactions using QuickBooks Enterprise 2013.
- Reviewing and reconciling bank and ledger accounts.
- Preparing accurate financial reports and supporting schedules as required and timely monthly closeout.
- Collaborating with the Head of Finance to prepare statutory accounts.
- Preparing and submission of projects pipelines and financial reports to the Principals for review.
- Working closely with the programs leads to maintain their budgets during the projects cycles.
- Maintaining relationships with the vendors / creditors and the organization’s bankers.
- Computing tax liabilities and preparation of tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Developing, maintaining and analyzing budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs with actual costs.
- Reviewing all staff and sub-grantees retirements for completion and accuracy
- Disbursement of petty cash.
- Undertaking other duties consistent with the general scope of work as assigned by the Head of Finance or Principals.
- Attending meetings / trainings related to grant reporting and compliance.
- Disseminating grant compliance information to sub-grantees.
- Representing the organization in any other capacity that would be required from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of second class upper degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- ACA or ACCA membership
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency with QuickBooks Enterprise 2013
- Minimum of 4 years post-NYSC relevant work experience
- Audit experience is an added advantage