Latest Vacancy At Social Impact
Team Leader, Evaluation of the US Department of State (DoS) ’s International Religious Freedoms Projects
Various Locations (Pakistan, Nigeria, Kazakhstan, and Indonesia)
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative program evaluation, management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. Our global services are in the areas of democracy and governance, health and education, agriculture, the environment, and economic growth.
The US Department of State (DoS) has engaged SI to conduct an outcome-based evaluation of the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL)’s International Religious Freedom Programs. SI will conduct an analytical assessment of six distinct projects in order to measure the effectiveness of the activities in reaching the stated outcomes of the International Religious Freedom (IRF) programming and to develop a best practice guide for IRF programming around religious freedom and tolerance.
SI is currently seeking a Senior Level Expert to serve as Team Leader for an estimated level of effort of 65 days, beginningimmediately until the end of July 2015. S/he will be responsible for conducting and coordinating the overall evaluation effort, which includes:
- Preparing the methodologies and data collection instruments;
- Conducting fieldwork in Pakistan and Nigeria;
- Writing the draft and final reports; and
- Providing the briefing to be arranged by the DRL.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social science or a related field of study; a Master’s degree is highly preferred;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience leading a M&E team;
- Experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodologies, such as surveys, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, etc.
- Knowledge of and expertise in foreign assistance evaluations and human rights issues;
- Specific experience with foreign assistance programs addressing religious freedoms issues is highly preferred;
- A demonstrated ability to design, implement, and evaluate foreign assistance programs related to human rights issues; and
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
We will contact only eligible candidates to further discuss their availability. Please no phone calls. Social Impact is an equal opportunity employer.