Latest Vacancy At Standard IBTC Bank
Standard IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
The Operations division of Standard Bank is at the very centre of all the bank’s procedures, enabling and optimising our Corporate and Investment Banking activities. We develop prototype concepts into robust, reliable solutions, constantly evolving our existing product range to help the bank maintain a competitive lead with our global clients. We are also in demand as internal consultants to the business, helping to manage the Bank’s assets through effective risk management and control systems. As part of this role we now seek an experienced Internal Control professional, who will help guide our work to fulfill our ambitious growth strategy
Standard IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job ID: 12720
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
- Oversees timely and efficient databases support (resolution of problems/issues) database related issues.
- Oversees maintenance, monitoring and proper usage of all database applications and servers bank wide
- Interface effectively with all areas of IT systems and infrastructure teams, in order to provide appropriate support and maintenance for the database deployments.
- Required to work with teams of technicians in order to achieve a specific goal or goals which relate to service and project delivery.
- Ensure that business critical requirements are delivered for non-stop solution/service delivery
- Provide analysis, design (physical), guidance and assistance with configuration, testing, problem determination and documentation of the various database deployments within Stanbic IBTC
- Improve and optimise the level of system management delivered by pro-actively obtaining and sharing specialist technical and system knowledge with In-Country infrastructure staff, architects, designers, project developers and management in order to ensure the implementation and management of complete reliable system solutions. Understanding and implementation of schemas, and the ability to interpret and write complex SQL queries
- Integrate with relevant strategic vendors specific to the relevant deployments, IBM and Oracle
- Report any major fault or problem to Departmental Head. Any other duties as may be assigned by Departmental Head
Key performance measures:
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Number of customer complaints
- Number of avoidable database downtime.
- Cycle time to process assigned help desk issues.
- Cycle time to resolve problems or issues
- Internal customer satisfaction level with IT support
- Other KPIs identified by the Group Head, Information Technology
- Availability of Stanbic IBTC database servers
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as engineering, actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematics, computer science etc.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a similar or related position and with exposure to all disciplines will be of benefit to the applicant.
- Experience with Databases, in particular Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL.
- Experience with AIX, Solaris, Windows and related toolsets will be of benefit.
- Unix, & Storage, Database, Operational exposure
- Good working knowledge of Banking operational & IT procedures
- Multi skilled
- Team player
- Able to travel with ease
- Ability to grow rapidly, willing to learn quickly