Arik Air is a customer-focused airline that offers consistently outstanding services to both business and leisure travellers. We have earned a reputation for providing “the best care in the air”. Industry experts have awarded us for delivering outstanding services. No airline does it in the unique Arik way.
Arik Air offers opportunities for employment in administrative, professional, technical and airline-specific disciplines, irrespective of the level or area of responsibility, each employee contributes to the growth and success of our airline. We believe that individuals score goals, but ultimately “the team wins the game”.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Company Secretary (Lawyer)
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Prepare and draft constitutive instrument of Arik Air and its subsidiaries as well as the internal regulations.
- Organise and prepare agendas, as well as take minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs);
- Revise contracts submitted to Arik Air for signature to ensure that they are legally acceptable and favourable to Arik Air.
- Prepare contracts, letters and legal documents for submission by Arik Air to other Parties.
- Liaise between Arik Air and outside Lawyers on all legal related matters including settlement of claims, litigation.
- Undertake mission for consultation with outside bodies, international organizations or governmental authorities.
- Deal and liaise with other department on legal matters such as, aviation liabilities and limits of insurance, taxation.
- Draft and review specialized airline related contracts such as Aircraft Purchase Agreements, Aircraft Finance Agreements, Aircraft Wet Lease Agreements, Maintenance Contracts, Engineering Contracts.
- A graduate of Law or related field, a masters In Law (Desirable)
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (preferred).
- Ability to take ownership of the role and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be keen to innovate and be successful at formulating and implementing strategies and plans.
- Previous board-level experience.
- Sound, effective and enthusiastic communicator.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience, preferably in the Aviation Industry of which at least 5 years must have been in heading the Legal Affairs.
- Should have received specialized training in Aviation Law, Airline Contract Law, Aircraft Financing, Conflict of Law, Contract Negotiations, International Law and Legal Drafting.
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2015.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only candidates that meet the above requirements will be considered.