Berger Paints is in need of a Legal Officer
Berger Paints Nigeria Plc was founded on the 9th Day of January, 1969, Berger Paints Nigeria Plc is a leader in the manufacturing, development, distribution and sale of paints and coatings to professional, Industrial, commercial and retail customers in Nigeria. We operate in 5 business segements; Decorative, Industrial coatings, Marine and Protecton coatings, Automotive/Vehicle refinishes and Wood Preservers and finishes. Our portfolio includes well known brands such as Luxol,Texcote and Superstar.
The company operates its manufacturing plant and main distribution centre from Lagos Nigeria. With 18 depots, colour world centres and a countrywide distribution network of dealers/distributors in strategic locations spread throughout the country, Berger Paints Nigeria Plc remains at the forefront of the paint and allied industry in Nigeria. We are committed to manufacturing and supplying quality products; towards this end we acquired and actively maintain the ISO 9001.2008 Quality Management System Certification.
In 2012, Berger Paints Nigeria Plc entered into a partnership arrangement with the biggest paint company in South Korea, KCC to jointly serve the Nigerian paint and coating market. The partnership will afford our customers the quality and durability that Marine and protective market have found synonymous with the KCC brands.
Job Title: Legal Officer
- The Job holder will be responsible for the provision of corporate/commercial and legal advisory services, ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
- Review ongoing court cases and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with external legal counsel to handle legal cases as appropriate.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Keep management abreast of all new laws and regulations that may have implications to the company.
- Handle ad hoc assignments.
- Provide corporate/ commercial and legal advice on all issues.
- Manage legal process, litigations with respect to business transactions.
- Analyze and identify legal risks and implications on agreements.
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and transactional documentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent In Law.
- Masters degree or professional qualifications in law would be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have been called or admitted to bar.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role in a leading organization.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should send their applications with updated CV’s to:[email protected]