Legal Officer Job Openings at Plateau Investment and Property Development Company Limited – 2 Positions
Plateau Investment and Property Development Company Limited is a reputable company wholly owned by the Plateau State government.
Over its 20 years of existence it has been at the forefront of developing, sustaining and administering the investment portfolios of the Plateau State Government and private shareholders.
It has several subsidiaries which include the PIPC Securities Ltd, which is a licensed stock broking firm that deals with the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
PIPC Core Values
- Commitment to Excellence
- Result based Orientation in all engagements
- Passionate Attention to detail
- Anticipating Customer Needs and Exceeding Expectations
- Responsible Stewardship
Plateau Investment and Property Development Company (PIPC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the below position:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Ref No: 03
Location: Jos, Plateau State
His /Her responsibilities would include supporting the Legal-Manager to:
- Liaise between the Company and any external Solicitors on contract with PIPC
- Provide legal guidance at meetings and oversee compliance in the areas of Commercial Law
- Review briefs and draft and perfect Company agreements
- Provide Internal Legal guidance and counseling services
- Oversee handling of Litigation and Legal Advocacy
- Develop Legal commentaries on appraisal of agreements
- Identify legal implications of transactions
- Conduct Research and Legal inquiries
- Advise on effects of and compliance with legislation
- Legal Appraisal of investment proposals
- LLB and must be a registered member of the Nigerian Bar Association (a legal practitioner within the meaning of the legal practitioners Act 1975). Post graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3-5 years cognate experience in the Legal profession, including a minimum of 3 years experience in senior positions.
- The successful candidate would have shown a history of successful Legal exposure and experience, high technical and social competence, ability to lead and inspire others to higher standards of achievement and have an integrating effect on a team.
- Proven success and competence in providing Legal support services
Strong Research and Documentation skills.
- Past work experience in financial services sector would be an added advantage but is not a requirement.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2014
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit an electronic copy of their Curriculum Vitae and a statement of suitability for the selected position to:email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Kindly indicate the position reference number on your application.
Click here to see more job vacancies at Plateau Investment and Property Development