Lexcel Group – A Group of companies operating within the manufacturing, Sales and marketing industry in Nigeria with Brands that have become household names, requires the services of qualified individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller (FC)
- The FC ensures that all control accounts, bank and cash balances, fixed assets, receivables and payable accounts, salaries, insurance, export and pension are regularly updated and reconciled monthly in order to achieve accuracy and completeness.
- He/she ensures daily posting of all financial transactions and supervises extraction of monthly trial balance (Head Office and Branches) in good time in order to prepare periodic management. accounts.
- He/she maintains regular contact with both internal and external auditors in order to ensure that the company’s accounts conform to audit requirements and also to implement auditor’s recommendations.
- Establish and control cash flow forecast objectives, and return on capital criteria in order to maintain long-term solvency of the company.
- Develop and ensure functional operation of a Management Information System (MIS) for corporate planning use.
- He/she prepares monthly standard form accounts and financial statements (statutory accounts) on time and also liaises with Managing Director in preparation of accounts and information for inclusion in the annual report and management review purposes.
- The FC ensures proper accounting of all expenses with a view to correctly reflecting the expenses and the corresponding liability in the company’s book of accounts in order to ensure that all expenses are within budget and in line with company policy.
- He/she facilitates treasury department to pay accurate amount to parties and to act as a control point before payment by way of preparation of cheque requisition in order to ensure that payments are properly authorized.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Problem identification and resolution
- Good work ethics
- Strong leadership, technology and analytical skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills Precise and well organized
- University degree and/or equivalent experience in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Must be ICAN certified
- Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Fluent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- 10-12 years experience in accounting and/or finance, including a minimum of 5 year- management responsibility.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications as a Microsoft Word attachment to:email@example.com stating the position as subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 20th December, 2015.