Liquidity Management Services Product Manager Needed At Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited Is Recruiting the following Position:
Liquidity Management Services Product Manager–14063906
The Liquidity Management Services Product Manager will be responsible for the development and day to day management of the products assigned within Account Services and Interest Rate Pricing. This role has major revenue responsibilities as account services accounts for about 50% of TTS Nigeria Cash revenues.
- The Product Manager will be responsible for the management of the Cash Balance sheet. This implies a measure of accountability for business performance and to optimize the returns for Cash Management
- Identify and drive implementation of liquid solutions to enhance growth in liabilities, meet the global liquidity management requirements of our global corporates within the constraints of local institutional framework and market regulations.
- Be the catalyst for replication of existing Global Cash management capabilities in Nigeria.
- Develop and consistently update Nigeria Country profile document, issue a Newsletter quarter on new market developments, new product roll-out by Citi within the quarter, information on market indicators and projected impact on the TTS Cash business.
- Support other Product Manager in driving sales for market segments assigned in line with the penetration strategy of the TTS Cash business.
- Defend and grow market share while maintaining industry relationships with partners.
- Work with the Regional Payments product team in managing, changing and evolving product risk, regulatory environment and requirements in areas such as Compliance, AML, credit risk, and operational risk.
- Market sizing and analysis (existing client base and potential target market).
- Lead & Support the sales drive to grow the FI Cash portfolio.
- Drive Growth Initiatives associated with liabilities, Volumes (CHB/SHA/BEN-OUR/MT202 Bene Deduct) and Re-pricing
- Ensure adequate MIS is in place to track drivers (Volumes, Liabilities), Revenues, Expenses and Pipeline/ Wins
- Work closely with the Correspondent Banking and coverage teams during the account planning exercise
- Leverage the global network to increase our RMB market share
The position reports to the TTS Cash Products Head.
- Management of Cash Balance Sheet and Account Services P&L. Preparation of plans, forecast. Analysis of results vs. Plan and providing explanation for differences.
- Participating in Pricing/Deal review and providing sales support. Consistently monitor account services pricing in line with market developments, proactively initiate price changes for review and approval and drive closure in a timely manner. Preparation and execution of marketing plans. Conducting marketing research whenever appropriate. Issue a quarterly newsletter to disseminate information of market developments, impact on the Cash business etc. Provide regular updates on market and product information that impact account service revenues. Consolidate and provide information for senior management
- Product development and innovation including overall coordination with Legal, Operations, Technology, Client Delivery and Sales in order to make account services as successful as possible.
- Develop and implement an optimal TTS Hedge strategy. Initiate and effect re-pricing for enhanced returns.
- Proactively manage current account balances within the context of the liquidity environment with a view to understanding the implications of rapid market changes and initiating appropriate responses for optimal returns for the TTS business. Initiate and implement liability growth initiatives to enhance access to targeted liability pools in the market, in liaison with relationship management teams and Sales.
- Develop and understand cost structure of each product and propose alternatives to reduce expenses.
- Prepare and ensure Product Programs are approved in a timely manner.
- Implement and manage analytical tools/processes for adherence with and optimization of transfer pricing policy. Work closely with Treasury to fine-tune and optimize transfer-pricing policy.
- Identify the investment needs of customers and develop investment products that address their liquidity management needs.
- Implement global Initiatives on liquidity and Investment management in Nigeria within the context of market regulations and system constraints.
- Develop a liquidity management product proposition by working with Legal, Operations and FICC to evolve optimal account pooling structures.
- Tailor product collateral to meet client needs.
- Identify customer communication opportunities – topics, new communication channels
- Track and communicate any major regulatory changes
- Relationship Management/ Sales – Regular contact. This includes supporting sales/ RM teams in preparing proposals and providing updates on developments in the market, and volume trends on customer accounts.
- O&T – Regular contact. To ensure system maintenances are carried out promptly and correctly as well.
- FICC – Regular contact. To ensure that the business is up to date on market developments that impact key drivers and appropriate courses of action are discussed and agreed in response.
- Risk, Credit, Legal – Occasional contact. Ensure all-round buy-in for new products and services.
- Regional Product – Regular contact. Successful transfer of knowledge from branch to region.
- Customers – occasional contact. Supporting sales, particularly on more complex solutions.
- External providers – occasional contact.
- At least (5) five years banking experience. Treasury experience will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of the macro-economy and in particular liquidity management.
- Experience in analysis of business case – (ROI, Cost-benefit analysis)
- Knowledge of trends in the Trade market
- Deep understanding of Risk management is essential and a pre-requisite
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong creative thinking capability, come up with solutions and innovations
- Relationship management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Outside the box-thinker
- Ability to adhere to product management disciplines.
- A BSc / BA degree in a Business/Accounting discipline.
- An MBA and/or professional accounting qualification will be an advantage.
: Bachelor’s Degree
See more vacancies at Citibank here