Logistics And Administrative Assistant At Chemonics International Inc
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington, D.C (www.chemonics.com), seeks qualified candidates for both professional and support positions for a five-year agricultural value-chain development project funded by the U .S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The position will be based in Abuja. Any successful candidates will possess the following:
Logistics and Administrative Assistant
- The Logistics and Administrative Assistant is responsible providing effective support to the MARKETS II project through arranging travel for all staff members coming to Abuja, traveling within Abuja, and traveling outside of Abuja. This includes arranging air travel, booking hotel accommodations, organizing travel by road, overseeing maintenance of all project vehicles, and supervising the Abuja office drivers. In addition, the Logistics and Administration Assistant will help to ensure all security practices of the project are being followed.
Specific Duties of the Logistics and Administrative Assistant
- Make hotel reservations for all travelers coming to Abuja and coordinate or make hotel reservations for all Abuja-based staff traveling outside of Abuja.
- Review hotel invoices for those hotels with which the project has an account.
- Book air tickets for all staff and review invoices from airlines with which the project has an account.
- Coordinate road travel for Abuja-based staff by communicating travel needs to the office management team who assigns drivers.
- Coordinate with office management team to ensure drivers check in when they reach their destination.
- Assist Security Coordinator and Finance and Administration Manager as needed in implementing the security procedures of the project.
- Handle all issues related to immigration and customs.
- Send and receive the pouch on a weekly basis.
- Produces work products is conformity with the project and clients’ standards.
- Serve as the contact person in relation to the project mobile phone service providers.
- Travel to assist with field activities when required.
- Communicates information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, project culture, values, and practices, and the specific scope and nature of/he project.
- Demonstrates maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment
- Contributes positively to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, accepting and giving constructive feedback.
- Carry out n/her duties as assigned by the senior Operations Managers.
- Degree or certificate is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years experience working in an administrative role.
- Excellent working capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, bank and tax officials, USAID Mission personnel and the general development and business community.
- Experience with donors and USAID is preferred.
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work both Independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, a cover letter detailing qualifications in relation to the position, and three professional references to: [email protected].
Note: Please specify “the position” in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.