MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi-cultural knowledge and global delivery resource – whenever required.
MacTay Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the successful candidate will manage a category within our business and drive the category through a faster growth agenda for the expansion of market share.
Specific Responsibilities will include to:
- Lead the development and execution of marketing strategies for the category to drive profitable growth
- Create and execute, with excellence, point of awareness and point of consumption plans. This includes above the line and below the line, plus influencing the point of buy plans
- Work effectively with key external partner agencies to deliver the above.
- Commission, create and use insight to ensure the identification of future growth opportunities that will deliver for the consumer and the customer
- Ensure the positive and competitive margin delivery of brand(s) within the category to both the company and the trade channels
- Manage marketing investments for the brand(s) effectively to deliver agreed strategies
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good first degree in any related discipline from a reputable institution. Higher degree(s), such as MBA, will be an advantage
- Possession of professional qualification, such as APCON, is essential
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience with at least 5 years in managerial capacity in a similar role, preferably inmultinational FMCG environment
- Strong strategic orientation, demonstrable leadership, interpersonal and financial management skills.
CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
Chief Finance Officer (Marine & Offshore, Dredging, Mining, Construction and Petroleum Product Marketing Businesses)
Accounting: Lead a large team of Accountants spread across Nigeria and the Middle East, operating in different industries as listed above, this role is concerned with providing a high standard of accurate and timely subsidiary and consolidated accounting and financial information to the Management and Board of Directors for the purposes of management control and to meet statutory requirements for the Group. The team is also required to deal quickly and flexibly with ad-hoc requirements, and work to tight deadlines.
The role also involves frequent liaison with the Executive Directors acting as Supervising Director for subsidiaries, Group Heads, Clients, regulatory authorities, etc. Generate monthly Group Operating Reports, forecasts, half and full year statutory accounts, annual Group budget and Divisional budget presentation schedules, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, relevance, good presentation and compliance with group policies, Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and other statutory requirements in the areas of operation is mandatory.
Maintain technical knowledge of IFRS and provide advice on statutory reporting requirements. Required to collate, interpret and analyse Accounting and Financial information and offer regular and timely advice to management on trends, behaviours, reactions and developments with implication for business operations.
Finance: Source, identify and evaluate external funding sources and recommend most appropriate funding source for management and board approval. Advise management and board of directors on different finance options available and as application considering its purpose and nature.
Coordinate the process of securing external funding including credit facilities, private equity acquisitions, bonds, public offers, etc Liaise with all relevant external parties and oversee their functions as they relate to securing external finance. Develop and implement financial risk control and reporting framework and confirm its adequacy in managing the financial risks to which the Company may be exposed. Responsible for financial reporting to higher management such as the Executive Management Committee and the board.
Oversee the planning and monitoring of the financing requirements of the Company’s business and ensure financing requirements are funded as and when required. Develop key performance indicators for measuring the Company’s overall financial performance. Monitor and measure business performance, analyzing and interpreting business results. Develop and maintain the structure of the accounting and finance function with clearly defined roles, responsibilities and policies to adequately support sound financial management.
Design and implement policies, processes and procedures for the finance function and review them from time to time in line with global best practices. Ensure that appropriate risk management and control framework is in place to safeguard the assets of the business and manage enterprise risk proactively.
Oversee statutory and regulatory financial reporting to regulators, shareholders and other third parties. Oversee management reporting and financial control. Oversee the management of relationships with auditors, regulators, tax authorities and rating agencies (where applicable). Develop internal tax policies and other fiscal policies which may impact the company’s activities within and outside Nigeria.
Oversee banking relationships and banking activities. Review and advise management and the board of directors on banking agreements, relationships and transactions. Manage, review and monitor financial contracts and banking facilities agreements
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of high quality relevant experience in a finance and accounting function of a service company, public accounting firm, manufacturing company or a multinational company.
- Half of the experience which must be in proper accounting role.
- At least 7 years in responsible managerial role in a medium to large size organization overseeing Accounting and Finance.
- Experience in an oil, gas, and petrochemical service company will be an added advantage.
- BSc/HND in Accounting and ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Be IT literate with a good knowledge of Excel and other accounting softwares.
- Good working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Demonstrate excellent attention to details, accuracy, ability to work to tight deadlines, and analytical ability.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Senior Marketing Manager.
DUE DATE: 31 May, 2014