Maintenance Manager At Jumia
Jumia is Nigeria’s number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid’s items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience! We offer free nationwide delivery, free returns and have several convenient payment options to choose from, either with your debit/credit cards or cash on delivery. With affordable prices and great products, Jumia lets you enjoy an awesome shopping experience with your order sent directly to your doorstep. No muss, no fuss, super convenience guaranteed.
Jumia is recruiting to fill the position of:
Introduction to the role
The Maintenance Manager of Jumia Nigeria is responsible for performing repair work and installations, rebuilding and overhauling of machines and equipment.
Your areas of responsibility include:
- Make sure everything in the warehouse is fixed and usable
- Fix any kind of infrastructure/equipment problem in the warehouse autonomously
- Repair any kind of problem immediately and proactively, without or with limited supervision
- Manage contracting work ensuring all the objectives are met in the agreed deadline and budget
- Initiates, implements, and manages the warehouse maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses any problems with warehouse infrastructure
- Determines need for repairs and makes repairs and adjustments necessary to warehouse functioning.
- Performs repair and maintenance work on all systems of machinery and equipment
- Assigns work, instructs and supervises contractors or own staff performing maintenance work.
- Troubleshoots electrical problems.
- Obtains materials, tools and supplies for department as needed.
- Performs clean-up and general housekeeping duties for Jumia Warehouse.
- Uses proper material handling equipment as required for the safe lifting and moving of equipment
- Maintains constant watch for any safety problem or possible unsafe work practice so as to work in the most safe, accident-free manner possible.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Performs other functions and duties as assigned or necessary.
Extensive experience in warehouse or plant maintenance gained at third party logistics provider, FMCG, conglomerate or other well-established company with national and international presence.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to self-organize multiple tasks well and to complete them on time with a clear focus on results
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Show attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and procedures 100% accurately.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Should have the ability to work within set timelines in a constantly innovative workplace.
What we offer
- A unique education in working in a leading company in a new industry in Nigeria and Africa.
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An attractive salary package.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates whose experience and competencies match the job profile should send their CV as an email attachment with subject line YOUR NAME_POSITION e.g. Michael Johnson_Maintenance Manager to: [email protected]
Please Note: That only shortlisted candidates would be contacted