Major Opportunity At International Business Machine – IBM
For over 100 years, IBM has led the world in creating innovative solutions and products that have changed not only business, but history as well. And with our global scale and breadth of disciplines, we offer endless opportunities for leaders to grow and succeed in the company of the very best.
IT Telco Support
We seek to recruit high-potential candidates to develop into Telco IT specialists. The selected candidates will work in either Network Management, Server administration or Application Support. Each candidate would receive training specific to their tower, as well as training on Service Management and Basics of Telecom IT.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Working with Competency managers, ensuring smooth IT operations for a leading Telco in Africa
• Interacting directly with client team members onsite
• Developing proficiency in one or more areas to become a subject matter expert (SME)
• Preparing data for Management Reporting (and presenting occasionally to local management)
• Undergoing continuous training and development incorporating common soft skills education and specialised classes for IBM
Strengths and Experience
While exposure in computer science / IT is a pre-requisite, what we are primarily looking for is:
1. Highly driven, flexible and resourceful
2. Positive attitude towards learning (systems, processes and people)
3. Strong quantitative aptitude and Troubleshooting bent of mind (i.e., Problem Solving ability)
4. Structured communication ability
5. Strong adherence to policies and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic knowledge in Troubleshooting
- English: Fluent
Method of Application
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.