Major Recruitment At Abt Associates – 8 Openings
Abt Associates, a major American international development company, is implementing a USAID-funded Project to combat malaria in Sub-Saharan Africa. The main objective of the project will beto reduce the burden of malaria in a number of African countries through cost-effective indoor residual spraying and setting up comprehensive entomological monitoring system.
Abt Associates seeks qualified candidates for the project’s operations in Nigeria to implement entomological surveillance:
Chief of Party
- Provides overall leadership, management, and supervision to the IRS2 T04 Project in Nigeria, and acts as the primary liaison between the project and USAID and the government of Nigeria.
- Masters Degree (minimum) or a Doctorate Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, or Medicine and 10-15 years of international health experience, with significant experience in malaria prevention and control.
- At least 5 years of senior management experience in large international health projects/programs.
- Specific experience with IRS or other malaria control programs is desirable.
Country Technical Manager
- Provides leadership and management oversight to all of the project’s entomological surveillance activities and guides key technical strategy decisions based on data analysis and interpretation, while ensuring high levels of environmental compliance and technical quality.
- Masters Degree (minimum), or a Doctorate Degree, in Entomology, Public Health, or Environmental Health, and at least 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Significant experience in vector control, IRS Operations, and the regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management.
Finance & Administration Manager
- Provides leadership and direction for the financial management and administrative support functions of the project.
- Develops and tracks budgets, manages payroll and vendor relations, and controls all financial transactions and reporting, both for the client and for Abt associates headquarters.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) or a Master’s Degree in Business, Administration, Finance, or Accounting and 8+ years of financial and contracts management at large-scale development programs.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects highly preferred.
- Coordinates the implementation of entomological field activities (such as mosquito collections, vector susceptibility studies, spray quality assessments, and insecticide efficacy testing), ensuring that all WHO guidelines and protocols are followed.
- Masters Degree in Entomology, Environmental Health, or Biology, and 6+ years of professional experience in vector control and entomological monitoring activities.
- Collects, analyzes, and presents program performance data.
- Prepares monitoring plans and defines program indicators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Community Health, Sociology, or other relevant field, and 3+ years of professional database management experience.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in statistical software.
- Maintains the mosquito colony in the insectary.
- Ensures the feeding of lab animals and mosquito colony.
- Ensures appropriate records are kept in the laboratory log books.
- Assists with procurement requests related to the work.
- Participates in other entomological activities in the field.
- Secondary School (Diploma A2), or Bachelor’s Degree (desirable), and 2+ years of professional experience in laboratory or veterinary work.
- Proficient level of computer literacy (able to work in programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of English language.
- Experience with laboratory animal rearing is desired.
- Carries out clerical duties, including filing, printing and/or photocopying of official documents, message transfer between offices, assists in procuring office consumables and stationeries supplies.
- Opens and closes the office building before resumptions of work and close of business each day respectively
- Secondary School certificate (desirable), previous custodial and/or office assistant experience is desirable.
- English communication and computer skills are desirable.
- Operates and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the program.
- Follows schedule of routine vehicle maintenance.
- Keeps detailed records of vehicle movements and maintenance performed.
- Supports the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc
- Secondary School certificate (desirable), a valid driver’s license, and at least 1 year of commercial driving experience.
- English language proficiency.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must submit his/her CV and an application letter that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the desired position to: IRS_Nigeria@abtassoc.com