Major Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited
Chevron Nigeria Limited is accepting online applications for the position of Drill Site Manager.
Chevron is committed to sound environmental & safety practices and exhibits cultural diversity.
Our employees conduct their day-to-day work with the principles outlined in “The Chevron Way” which expresses our vision “to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance”.
The company also provides career opportunities to its workforce in other Chevron worldwide operations
If you are interested in becoming a valued employee of Chevron Nigeria Limited, a company that provides excellent career opportunities and welfare packages, this opportunity awaits you! Will you join us?
Drill Site Manager
This position will be responsible for the following:-
1) Ensure the safety of all personnel
2) Supervise the execution of drilling program
3) Supervise the work direction of service partners on well location
4) Sign field invoices for service partner goods and services
5) Supervise and mentor less experienced personnel
6) Assist in incident investigations
7) Assist in after action reviews
8) Assist in formulation of Plan of Action
9) Represent Chevron Nigeria in all phases of the well execution
10) Other duties as required
This position can be be located in Lagos office, deepwater, offshore or swamp rigs.
Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Engineering or Sciences with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division or Lower Credit, respectively.
Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant post-degree work experience (includes National Youth Service) in any combination of the following:
– direct rig site supervision
– drilling engineering and well planning
– directional drilling
– well logging activities
– well completion activities
– well cementing activities
– logistical coordination
– safety leadership
– Drilling fluids experience
– solids control experience
– well workover and intervention activities
– coordinate and supervise diverse work team and multi-national cultures
– community relations
– drilling rig experience as Driller, Tool Pusher, Tour Pusher or OIM
– Demonstrates leadership quality with proven record and behaviours to promote rig site safety for an incident free workplace. Ability to drive cultural change at rig site and achieve an incident free work place.
– Demonstrates ability to build team consensus and ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multi-discipline; multi-cultural environment. Able to interact effectively with workover superintendents, peers and service and contractor representatives.
– Ability and willingness to supervise and mentor National work force. Demonstrates mentoring success.