9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Manager, CS & PS Core Planning
- Assist in the design, planning andoptimisation of circuit switching components of EMTS’s core network, systemsand platforms.
- Provide input in translatingEMTS business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for thecore network circuit switching system.
- Review the unit/ team’sactivities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approvedimprovement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Direct the timely provisioningof the circuit & packet switching network capacity for all the GSM, EDGE,UMTS & LTE elements, features, protocols, interfaces etc.
- Provide useful inputs indefining the locations for circuit & packet switch infrastructure and otherrelated network elements
- Design, plan and dimensioncircuit & packet switching network elements to ensure optimal use anddeployment of resources
- Define and direct therequirement for capacity planning of interfaces/links to the VAS & ITnetworks
- Perform technicalinvestigations into areas related to circuit & packet switching networkdesign and performance, such as new types of hardware, new designmethodologies, new caching algorithms, impact of new technologies (GPRS, EDGE,UMTS, LTE etc.)
- Scoping & dimensioning ofdatacoms equipment within the Core network
- Lead optimisation &resilience initiatives across the Core Network
- Drive innovation initiativesacross the Core network
- Coordinate the unit’sactivities and ensure compliance with the organisation’s operating policies,controls and procedures.
- Manage inter-functionalrelations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership andguidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards theachievement of overall team objectives.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities assigned by Head,Core and VAS
- First degree in Electrical orElectronics Engineering/Physics or Computer Sciences froma recognised University
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Six (6) to Eight(8) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role
- BusinessApplication Knowledge
- TelecommunicationsTechnology Fundamentals
- Telecommunications& Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Budget &basic financial planning
- Traffic trendanalysis
- Basic productdevelopment
- Reporting& presentation
- Great Passionfor Excellence
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to 9Mobile career website on careers.9mobile.com.ng to apply