Manager At Etisalat Nigeria
- Reporting directly to the Head, Network Finance Support, this role will:
- Responsible for the compilation of the company’s Capex for the quarterly forecasts, the annual Plan and the Strategic Operating Plans (3 or 5 years)
- Manage the day to day functions of the CAREB process on behalf of the Director, Financial Planning, and responsible for ensuring the timely review and in-depth analysis of Capex business cases
- Provide decision-support analyses and reporting based on agreed timelines and standards to aid management with financial business decisions to be made.
- Participate in the review and approval process of Etisalats strategic projects
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the department’s activities.
- Ownership of the reporting, analysis and governance process for the CAREB secretariat – on behalf of the Director, Financial Planning.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly reporting on Capex spend across Etisalat detailing actual vs budget, vs forecast and commitments. Continuously reviewing the processes to improve the reporting, forecasting quality, accuracy and analysis.
- Oversee the monitoring of key performance drivers and reason for variances vs. forecast and business cases.
- Ownership of the review process for business cases submitted to CAREB for review. Ensure a robust review is carried out prior to submission to the CAREB secretariat, including clarification of data, justifications and financial analysis.
- Provide regular reports to the CAREB and BoD on the status of Capex within the company – along with relevant KPIs and metrics
- Liaise, support and assist business areas on all Capex related issues. Ensure data quality and compliance with Accounting Policies.
- Ownership of the annual Capex budget process to ensure timely and accurate submission in required format.
- Full implementation and accountability for the Post Implementation Reviews (PIR) for all business cases.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Ensure adequate training and development is delivered to team members within finance support.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Network Finance Support
- Assist the Head, Network Finance Support on any other ad hoc projects
- First degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- An MBA or relevant post graduate/ professional qualification (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc.) would be an advantage
Experience,Skills & Competencies
· Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a Specialist role
· Financial Accounting/ Reporting
· Strategic Planning and Development
· Leadership and People Management
· Strategic Thinking
· Business and/or Financial Acumen
· Industry Knowledge
· Passion for Excellence
· Empowering people
· Growing people
· Team work