Manager Legal Services Needed at Plateau Investment and Property Development Company Limited
Over its 20 years of existence it has been at the forefront of developing, sustaining and administering the investment portfolios of the Plateau State Government and private shareholders.
It has several subsidiaries which include the PIPC Securities Ltd, which is a licensed stock broking firm that deals with the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
PIPC Core Values
- Commitment to Excellence
- Result based Orientation in all engagements
- Passionate Attention to detail
- Anticipating Customer Needs and Exceeding Expectations
- Responsible Stewardship
Plateau Investment and Property Development Company (PIPC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the below position:
Job Title: Manager Legal Services
Ref No: 02
Location:Jos, Plateau State
- Provide vision and leadership for the Company legal team
- Liaise between the Company and any external Solicitors on contract with PIPC
- Utilize His! Her full and practical knowledge of Nigerian Company Law Practice and procedures to direct the legal affairs of the Company
- Provide legal guidance at meetings and oversee compliance in the areas of Commercial Law
- Oversee the Drafting and perfecting of Company agreements by the legal team
- Provide Internal Legal guidance and counseling services
- Oversee handling of Litigation and Legal Advocacy
- LLB and must be a registered member of the Nigerian Bar Association (a legal practitioner within the meaning of the legal practitioners Act 1975), Post graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 6-8 years cognate experience in the Legal profession, including a minimum of 4 years experience in senior positions.
- The successful candidate would have shown a history of successful Legal exposure and experience, high technical and social competence, ability to lead and inspire others to higher standards of achievement and have art integrating effect on team.
- Prove success and competence in Legal drafting and report writing.
- Past work experience in financial services sector would be an added advantage.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software.
- The ideal candidate would possess drive and perseverance and be committed to manage the Legal activities of the Company and achieve overall organizational goals. He/she would also be a high-energy self-starter with a strong goal orientation, and a big picture perspective. He/she would be a person of high ethical standards and have a personal reputation that would reflect well on the organization.
- Of equal importance would be a high standing in the Legal community and concern for current and future Legal state of the Organization. He/She must also score high in Leadership, Relationship Management, Legal Analysis, problem solving and Strategy formulation. He She must also possess strong Communication skills.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2014
Note: Kindly indicate the position reference number on your application.
Click here to see more job vacancies at Plateau Investment and Property Development