Manager.Technical Project Delivery At Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria, Since then, Nigeria has continued to witness its innovative services.
Etisalat redefined speed with the roll-out of the unique 3.75G HSPA+ network and It has continued to prove itself an innovative company keen to give its subscribers the best possible experience at the most affordable price.
Its innovation has led to the growth of its active subscriber base to over 20 million. Today, Etisalat has network coverage in all 36 states of the federation including Abuja, the federal capital territory as it continues to build its network and expand to new locations.
In March 2009, the NCC adjudged Etisalat as Nigeria’s best network based on quality of service indices measured by the regulatory body; in 2011 after a similar assessment, Etisalat’s network was once again rated best. To date, Etisalat Nigeria has won several industry awards for its innovation and quality service delivery. Some of these include: Brand of the Year, Fast Growing GSM Company of the Year, Best Marketing Company, Most Innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Company, Friendliest Tariff Mobile Operator and Best Telecoms Customer Service among others.
Manager.Technical Project Delivery
Manage the delivery of Etisalat technical projects.
· Build and maintain effective relationships with equipment vendors as well as coordinate deployment activities between vendors and internal stakeholders in terms of roll out, materials planning, project scheduling, risk and database management.
· Follow up with planning on all Business case process for initiated projects and develop Business case for CAPEX related projects where necessary.
· Responsible for the development of processes & procedures for technical projects.
· Develop collaborative relationships with major stakeholders within and outside the organisation.
· Coordinate CAPEX tracking effort to ensure actual spend vs. projected is according to contract
· Track all invoices against BOQ to ensure projects are accurately capitalised.
· Fully responsible for End to end project status reporting.
· Review technical site surveys at new and existing sites to ensure RFI status for new node installations, existing nodes upgrades/expansion; provide TSS reports as outcome to trigger necessary action in accordance with deployment requirements.
· Prepare MoM for all Project governance meetings and follow up for speedy decisions
· Develop, maintain and effectively execute project plans throughout project lifecycle in accordance with Etisalat project management methodologies.
· Create and maintain a project schedule including activity definition, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements
· Facilitate the completion of dependent projects on schedule such as SAQ, Civil works, Power, MW transmission backbone, leased line last-mile connectivity, inter-shelter infrastructure etc.
· Conduct DAC for all materials to ensure that vendors have not miss items in the BoQ on delivery of equipment to site as delays in network deployment would affect planned monthly progress of the RAN; escalate potential blocking points in the BoQ which could lead to serious delays of the RAN accordingly.
· Manage the equipment deployment providing progress reports, performing quality audits and conduct pre-acceptance tests on network elements.
· Coordinate activities between a number of diverse and different stakeholders who in many cases have different agenda and/or objectives as regards installation, commissioning and integration of network elements.
· Report on the true status of Vendor reporting by means of meetings and visiting their offices/affected sites to gather data and provide management with up to date reports where necessary.
· Relate closely with the Turnkey Roll out, civil design and M&E implementation/Operation teams and come up with the schedules for site infrastructure readiness as it affects core network implementation
· Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to core network equipment deployment, technological advancements, interoperability and backward integration with older technology.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of existing network infrastructure in various Etisalat target areas that can be leveraged for traffic growth as well as network development and expansion.
· Perform any duties as assigned by the Head, Technical Project Delivery.
· HND/ or BSc Electrical engineering or its equivalent
Experience,Skills & Competencies
· Minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years work experience with 3 years in a supervisory role.
· Self-motivated team player.
· Excellent problem solving ability.
· Solid written and verbal communications skills.
· Work well under pressure.
· Understanding of telecommunications infrastructure and optical design.
· Project management
· WDM, CWDM and DWDM networks and hardware.
· Ethernet – 10/100/1000BaseT networks and hardware