The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited, a company set up in 2003 to explore opportunities in the Food sector in Nigeria. Over time, the company has expanded it operations to include Nightclubbing, Hospitality, Farming and currently operates out of three locations: Isaac John GRA, Adeola Odeku Victoria Island and Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase one.
The company’s plan is to aggressively grow organically by establishing other outlets firstly focused on Lagos State (particularly the Island section of Lagos State) and other favourable locations such as Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Job Title: Mechanical and Electrical Engineer
We require the services of an experience mechanical and electrical engineer who will handle the following functions:
- Oversee design/ optimization of our M & E components for future new branches/ locations
- Oversee maintenance and repair of M & E components: electrical wiring, AC, Refrigerators/ freezers, ice cube makers, Extractor fans, Vehicle, electricity Generator, plumbing systems, sound systems, Nightclub lights etc.
- Champion energy conservation initiative and lower cost of maintaining and replacing M & E components
- Provide technical support to the Company across its locations on electrical/mechanical issues.
- Perform periodic/random checks on all the Company’s facilities to confirm facilities and equipment are operating at optimal services levels and ensure compliance with laid down policies and procedures.
- Participate in the design specification, installation and testing for new location/outlets, equipment, spare parts, etc.
- Develop equipment maintenance plan/schedule (including spares) for all facilities/equipment.
- Ensure the implementation of the maintenance schedule for all equipment/facilities across all locations.
- Define required spares for equipment and ensure required inventory levels are maintained.
- Supervise the prompt resolution of all maintenance related queries in assigned area.
- Liaise with Service Providers /Maintenance staff to ensure prompt resolution of issues as required.
- Ensure that all reported issues are tracked and promptly resolved
- Develop and document maintenance procedures/manuals.
- Stay abreast of innovations/developments in facilities/equipment technology trend and proffer recommendations for improvement of the company’s facilities/equipment as required.
The ideal candidate should be able to help us provide cover for or recruit candidate for the following other lower level jobs:
- Air conditioning & Refrigeration engineer
- Mechanic for electric generator maintenance and optimization, basic vehicle checks, pepper grinder, extractor fans, water pump & other mechanical components
- ICT & nightclub light and sound and multimedia engineer
- Cleaning and Sanitation manager. Preferably with rounded experience in leading cleaning company & with baseline facilities management experience
- At least OND in a relevant field with a minimum of five years hands on experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Research skills
- Supervisory and coaching skills
- Use of Microsoft office tools
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply