Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt.
Job Title: Health Promoter/IEC Officer Outreach Officer
- Implement Health Promotion/IEC activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics and available services.
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the MTL.
- Liaises with Assistant PC for media and police related outreach activities
- Liaises with all team members (PC, MTL, Asst PC and Social Worker) regarding outreach activities with other NGOs, Government agencies and stakeholders
- Write monthly reports of activities including activities performed, planned activities, challenges encountered in conjunction with the clinic team
- This job description may be amended, depending on the evolution of work. In addition to the tasks mentioned above, the person may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Medical team leader or project coordinator according to the needs of the mission.
- Under the guide of MTL, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviors observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to MTL: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Keep education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Liaise with Social Worker in regards to identifying target populations and outreach activities
- Share relevant information with Social Worker in regards to other NGO’s, social partners and governmental health services
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching required, medical background preferred
- Experience: Required previous experience in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization (at least two years). Medical experience preferred
- Languages: Local language (pidgin) essential, mission language essential, other local languages desired
- Knowledge: Computer literacy
- Port Harcourt
- Unlimited contract.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the
MSF Administration Office
at No. 20 Bodo Street.
G.R.A Port Harcourt. Rivers State
(“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk). With reference (daily worker Nurse PHC or Outreach Officer PHC )
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: 18th December 2015.
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.