The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its Coordination Office in Abuja:
Transport & Customs Officer
Performing the day to day activities and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods at Abuja Coordination office, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission/project.
Internaional Freight & customs formality:
- Being responsible for custom formalities and administrative related with export and import process.
- To ensure cargo follow-up dashboard is up to date and do report to the Supervisor for any issue encounter.
- Being responsible for International cargo reception from freight forwarder, to do report and follow-up in case of parcel missing or damage.
- In conjuction with Supply Supervisor, to do closely follow-up on IDEC application (at FMoH and FMoF) and do report to the Supervisor for any issue encounter.
- In conjunction with the Supervisor, to monitor and evaluate contracted transporters performance.
- In conjunction with the Supervisor; assessing the local transport market (companies, prices, services, delays,…), and proposing different third party providers for validation process.
- In collaboration with the line Supervisor and the Warehouse Supervisor/ Pharmacist, to manage the shipment of goods from the Coordination office to the projects choosing validated transporter and agreed means of transport.
- To ensure delivery notification given prior shipping to the project by email along with scan waybill and require details; ETD, ETA, truck driver’s contact, etc.
- To prepare transport contract for each delivery for validation and payment process.Others:
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- To ensure cargo document archived and traceable for future needs
- To provide weekly cargo follow-up update to the stake holders; Supply Manager Abuja and Borno, Dep. LogCo-Supply, Pharmacist Borno and Abuja, LogCo Abuja and Borno.
Required Skills and Conditions
EducationUniversity Degree in Social Sciences or related courses.
At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs ,Supported with CIPS certification or in the logistics department.
English language and local languages.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1.
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation L1.
- Stress Management L2.
Remuneration: Monthly Gross salary of N 189,000. (One hundred and eighty nine thousand Nine hundred naira only)
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies Of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office in Abuja at (No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp.) (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk). (WITH REF: TRANSPORT & CUSTOMS OFFICER)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: [email protected]
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Deadline: 28 January, 2018