Red Cross is looking to recruit A Media Officer
The international Committee of the Red Cross in Abuja is looking for suitable candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Media Officer
- Develops and implements communication strategies and plans of action.
- Develops new communication tools (Press release , stories, publications, campaign)
- Further develops ICRC Network with Journalist
- Environment scanning and analysis of the socio-political developments(In Nigeria and the region)
- Participates in ICRC Trainings and represent the institution with external stake holders
- Participates in the budget elaboration and monitoring.
- Ensures the monitoring of the programs and the reporting.
- University degree in Communications, Marketing or journalism
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in similar function
- Study or work experience abroad is a strong asset
- Excellent capacity to analyse the socio political environment
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, the knowledge of Hausa is an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- At ease with social media and new technologies
- Availability of travelling in Nigeria and outside the country
Method of application
Please submit your application (letter of motivation,CV, copies of certificates/diploma to the Administrator ICRC, Delegation Abuja, No 31 Pope John Paul II Street, Maitama, Abuja.
Note: Please clearly indicate “Media Officer” on the envelope
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted
Closing date: 20th of January, 2015
The international Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organisation.