RTI International is in need of a Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
Experience: 4 years
Location: Ondo, Nassarawa, Kaduna, Enugu, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom
- The Consultant will work in close collaboration with the Resident Program Advisor (RPA) of RTI/ENVISION Project and NTD Programme of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH).
- Envision will engage six M&E consultants for 9 months beginning in January 2015 for each Zonal NTD office to assist with implementation of the WHO Integrated NTD database at the Zonal and State levels and to establish preferred best practices for NTD Supervision and M&E.
- The Consultants will be based at each of the above referenced Zonal offices and will be assigned a Zonal Coordinator counterpart to train.
- The Consultants will also meet with the States on a regular basis for capacity strengthening and support on the new FMOH reporting requirements and to ensure that the monthly reporting file of the WHO NTD Integrated Database is filled out accurately and in a timely manner.
- The Consultants will also assist each State Data Manager to populate and maintain their integrated NTD database.
- The M&E Consultants will support the Federal NTD Team and the RTI Envision Resident Program Advisor in the area of strengthening NTD data management at Zonal and State levels.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Train the Zonal Coordinators and NTD Program Managers of the State Ministry of Health to enter data derived from NTD activities on which the State is working and implementing the WHO integrated NTD database.
- Support the State Ministry of Health in providing accurate country-wide NTD and other relevant data as and when needed;
- Be responsible for ensuring all information is correctly entered into the database;
- Advise the NTD team on improving database management,
- Update and maintain the NTD drug inventory into the NTD database;
- Keep all electronic records up-to-date and ensure efficiency with data collection and recording,
- Work with partners to understand their systems and help strengthen database management within the NTD team and other relevant departments of the State Ministry of Health;
- Submit monthly Performance Report to the NTD Coordinator and RTI ENVISION;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the National NTD Coordinator and RPA RTI/EN VISION.
- A University Degree in Public Health or relevant discipline with at least four years of experience in Public Health.
- A Post-graduate Degree will be an advantage.
- At least three years of progressive relevant experience in Database Management and program Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Familiarity with Data Analysis and statistical packages including at least two years of professional use of Microsoft Windows/Excel software, and one year professional use of Access, SPSS.
- Experience in infectious diseases a requirement, experience in Neglected Tropical Diseases strongly preferred.
- Experience in disease surveillance, infectious diseases preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team- oriented setting.
- Strong English language oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Willingness to travel frequently within Nigeria, especially to states within the assigned zone.
- Must be able to work in Nigeria without visa sponsorship.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send electronic copy of their CV along with their application letter to RTI/ENVISION by email at: email@example.com