Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State and report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Project Manager. The M & E Officer will be primarily be responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria. Under the direction of the M&E Deputy Project Manager and in collaboration with the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized. He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to his/her manager.
Task and Responsibilities
- Facilitate project’s use of mobile data collection by leading on the process and troubleshooting under the oversight of the M&E Deputy Program Manager.
- Provide support to the review and development of M&E systems for new projects, in collaboration with M&E DPM and projects teams at the field level
- Lead on the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions and key informant interviews to collect data from various groups in the community
- Undertake regular site visits and monitor the design and execution of surveys and other assessments, case studies, and accountability mechanisms to ensure that proper sampling and methodology are used.
- Perform data cleaning on all data collected and upload into the server.
- Perform data analysis of M&E data for different projects as needed through Excel or other statistical software (PSPP).
- Support M&E DPM to identify lessons learned and best practices, and produce case studies and human interest stories through collation and analysis of M&E information.
- Develop and update/pre-test quality assurance checklist tools for M&E team in collaboration with M&E DPM and project staff.
- Provide trainings to program teams on program activity monitoring and reporting.
- Support program team to ensure quantitative APRs are updated based on activities accomplished for the month.
- Ensure timely and quality data collection, inclusive of needs assessments, household registration, baseline/endline surveys, PDMs, KAP surveys, and others.
The successful candidate will have;
- At least a degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- The ability to represent Action Against Hunger externally in relevant forums and working groups at state level.
- Proficient and demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Experience of mobile data collection, collation, statistical analysis, participatory fieldwork methodologies and report writing.
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages.
- Excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Method of Application
The deadline for this position is Wednesday, 27th December 2017 at 5.00 pm
Please note advert may close before the due date once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International career website on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply
Deadline: 27 December, 2017