Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
The M&E Assistant will be based in Potiskum,Yobe State and be directly supervised by the M&E officer. He/she is responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities of the humanitarian multi-sectoral Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) program at community (LGA) level. The incumbent will assist in tracking progress of key indicators and provide timely report to the M&E Officer. The M&E Assistant will provide support to the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation monitoring at LGA level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the M&E Officer
The task and responsibilities include;
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data at LGA level through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring under supervision of the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager.
- Support in collating and analyzing data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities to the M&E Deputy Program Manager and M&E Officer.
- Work with program teams to ensure that information relating to Action Against Hunger and program activities are shared widely within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks.
- Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the communities specificed to the M&E responsibilities as outlined by the M&E Officer and M&E Deputy Program Manager.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback at LGA level
- Assist in conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of Bachelors/HND degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Have a minimum 1 years of proven experience in monitoring, evaluation and accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Have experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Have strong experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Have excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Outlook and Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Be fluent in English and Hausa (both written and spoken skills).
- Have data entry experience, ODK or Mobile data collection experience.
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
The deadline for this position is Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Please note that advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be based in Potiskum, Yobe State and will be reporting to the M&E Deputy Program Manager. He/she will be primarily responsible for leading data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria. Under the direction of the M&E Deputy Program Manager and in collaboration with the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized. He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to his/her manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the operationalization of M&E systems on AAH projects to ensure compliance with donor and AAH M&E standards.
- Lead on the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions and key informant interviews to collect data from various groups in the community
- Train and manage the M&E Field Assistants to carry out regular M&E functions, ensuring that all HR procedures and policies are respected.
- Undertake regular site visits and monitor the design and execution of surveys and other assessments, case studies, and accountability mechanisms to ensure that proper sampling and methodology are used.
- Perform analysis of M&E data for different projects as needed through Excel or other statistical software (PSPP) at the request of the M&E DPM.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of AAH M&E tools, activities, and reporting
- Document and promote good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Represent AAH externally in relevant forums and working groups at State level.
- Degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH aims, values and principles.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
The deadline for this position is Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Deadline: 23 February, 2018