National Sales Manager Vacancy At REQIT
REQIT is a social media recruitment technology company. Our mission is to ‘use technology as a driver in connecting local talent with opportunities.’ At the heart of our mission is a strong desire to drive high levels of quality service at all times.
Talent is at the heart of what we do and we are committed to supporting companies and organizations alike with the right technology that will enable them find the best talent available both locally and globally, whilst reducing cost per hire and increasing the efficiency of the hiring process. We work with the best partners in the industry, thus bringing to our clients top notch products and services that meet with global best practice.
National Sales Manager
Our client is a rapidly rising Conference, Exhibition and Training company. Its top level sales work is currently undertaken largely by expatriates, with telesales being handled by Nigerians. The company now needs to scale and wishes to recruit a senior level executive who can identify, research, present to, and close deals with Nigeria’s top-level managers and entrepreneurs. The right applicant will also be able to deliver strong results-oriented, motivational leadership to other members of staff, and work constructively with the Nigerian and overseas investors in making the company the number one performer in its sector in Nigeria.
Much of theirwork (though not exclusively) is in association with Informa plc, globally the largest publicly quoted conference, exhibition and training company. The ‘back-office’ support this association brings is significant in terms of website design and quality sales information and other collateral.
To enable the organization to achieve targeted levels of sales for each of its events; and a steady growth in its portfolio of training courses. Sales may be either business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-consumer (B2C). Both types of selling require research and relationship-building skills, promoting the product in question in as professional and effective a way as possible.To provide effective administrative and operational support
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities for the job typically comprise the following key roles and require the following key characteristics:
1. Researching and networking assiduously in order to build reliable data about businesses in our areas of interest. Currently our activities span: healthcare, HR, CSR, Beauty, Dentistry and Agriculture. Further sectors can be expected to be added each year.
2. Be the best communicator in Nigeria, ensuring smooth access into the top boardrooms in the country.
3. Be a truly creative salesperson, capable of listening to and identifying client needs and then designing and packaging proposals that meet client requirements and maximize orders.
4. Create opportunities and successfully close sales.
5. Have a strong administrative attention to detail to ensure quality operation, with a sound paper or IT trail on all matters. The company has an advanced relational database system (Filemaker Pro-based) and building and utilizing this platform (both individually and throughout the sales team) will be of critical importance.
6. Revel in the challenge of building a sales team and nurturing all members into achieving their maximum outputs
7. Research sectors for prospective events by being quick-witted and resourceful in identifying the key associations and professional groups involved, and be able to set up meetings with them to quickly bring them on board.
8. Report to either the company directors in Nigeria and the UK as required, as well as to colleagues at Informa.
9. Retaining a high quality of discipline and probity at all times to ensure the reputation of the company is something others would wish to aspire to.
10. Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of media houses and individuals and their specialisms within
11. Provide a weekly schedule of planned activities
12. Plan a personal diary to make effective use of the working day
13. Provide time-phased qualified reports on achievement and activities
14. Maintain accurate records of all contacts with clients, all input into the company database in the prescribed manner.
15. Undertake any reasonable duties as specified by the Director.
16. Other duties as prescribed by the Directors.
· A competitive compensation package, salary plus commission package
· If you are the right person, we offer the potential of growing within the company’s structure
Desired Skills and Experience
· Minimum of a First Degree.
· Minimum of 5 years of senior level sales work with a recognized industry/company.
· Trainings in sales at a senior level.
· Good sales capabilities.
· Ability to develop lists and build contact databases.
· Good research and prospecting skills on identifying potential accounts by using Google, LinkedIn, Jigsaw and other tools (social media).
· Good IT and computer (microsoft office suite) skills.
· Team player in helping to build the strengths of the business
· Team player in terms of sharing knowledge and reporting in an effective and timely way as required.
· Retain an encyclopaedic knowledge of your clients and of the events we are planning. In other words, remember names, remember faces, and remember the essential details about all events.
· Good interpersonal (relationship building and management) skills.
· Good people management skills.
· Confident and well-spoken with commendable presence.
· Ability to listen effectively.
· Ability to take initiative and be self-driven.
· Good analytical and numerate skills.
· Good negotiation and persuasion skills.
· Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
· Good presentation skills.
· Attention to details.
Check for other vacancies at REQIT here