Netherlands Leprosy Relief is a Dutch NGO that is committed to creating a world free of the suffering caused by leprosy and disability.
Since forty years NLR has a branch in Nigeria. NLR plays an important role in the execution of the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program. The office is located in Jos Plateau State.
Netherlands Leprosy Relief is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Advisor
Location: Jos. Plateau
Medical Advisor (1) will:
- Provide technical support to and participate in the preparation of annual plans of action and budgets of TB and Leprosy control programmes;
- Ensure that Leprosy control activities including prevention of disability (POD) are properly earned out at State, LGA and projects levels in the country according to the set objectives;
- Visit the NLR supported control programmes or supportive supervision, on-the-job training and practical advice;
- To supervise the implementation of the planned activities, to evaluate and report findings to the Medical Advisor-Coordinator.
- Participate in the formulation of policies, regulations and technical guidelines related to TB and Leprosy control programme in close coordination with relevant authorities;
- Provide technical support: design and implement training for relevant stakeholders, participate in (NLR) research;
Medical Advisor (2) will:
- Coordinate – In close cooperation with the Country Director an interdisciplinary team that will work on major trajectories in the elaboration of core thematic areas in Leprosy control and rehabilitation, disability inclusive development, lobbying and advocacy, (institutional) fundraising, NLR involvement in neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) programmes, etc.
- Participate in and perform duties as Medical Advisor 1
Competences & Experience
- University Degree in Medical Sciences
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Health and/or Management Sciences
- At least Five years’ relevant experience
- Team player, Analytical, Good Communication skills, Goad reporting skills, Organisational sensitivity. Good leadership skills, Cooperation, Hands on mentality, Planning and organizing, Computer skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application letter and CV’s clearly stating their motivation to work for NLR Nigeria and providing details on her/his suitability to fill this position to: [email protected]Candidate should clearly indicate for which position they are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- A detailed job-description can be requested using the email address above.
- In case of equal suitability of candidates, preference will be given to female candidates. Persons with disabilities are particularly invited to apply.
Application Deadline 1st February, 2016.