Networking Field Engineer Career At Hewlett Packard Company (HP)
Hewlett Packard Company provides equal employment opportunity to any employee or applicant without regard to sex, gender, color, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, uniformed service status, familial status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Networking Field Engineer–1305351
· Apply advanced technical knowledge (i.e. Networking) to operate one or more technology areas (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer groups that are critical or high risk.
· Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
· Resolve single- and cross technology incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve cross technology incidents.
· Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area
· Apply HP solutions to meet customer needs.
· Identify additional services that could lead to future service revenue growth.
· Provide technical consulting during contract renewal discussions.
· Build and maintain strong relationship up to senior management level in assigned accounts.
· Design and deliver support solutions using specific industry knowledge and expertise.
· Assist in managing delivery of industry support solutions.
· Lead Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 3 -5 years working experience as a field support engineer.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of HP products and services offerings, competition, third party products and market trends
- Technology knowledge (focus on infrastructure hardware, specifically Networking, thorough knowledge in operating systems required)
- Broad knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies
- Comprehensive business, technical or functional knowledge at an expert level
- Communicate tactfully with diplomacy up to senior management levels within an organization.
- Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level
- Problem-solving skills(proactive, reactive and creative)
- Able to employ consulting skills by becoming a trusted advisor to the customer and providing clarity to solution determination
- Well versed in core technical competencies and peaked in some technical area(s) Intermediate skills in project management, communication, analysis and presentation.