Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Manager, Group Special Asset Management
Job ID: 568930
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Function: Risk
Full/Part Time: Full time
- To effectively manage all aspects of Special Assets portfolio within Group Special Assets Management (GSAM), West Africa 2, as may be assigned; including but not limited to recoveries, restructuring, analysis, monitoring, reporting, etc.
- Will report to Area Head GSAM, Nigeria, Cameroon and Cote d’Ivore.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To effectively manage the GSAM portfolio.
- To engage and manage internal stakeholders.
- To engage and manage external stakeholders.
- To ensure adherence to all relevant policies and regulations.
- To ensure that all Operational Risk processes, controls and measurement are rigorously followed.
- To identify the nature of the business risks related to GSAM accounts, recommend appropriate remedial actions, follow through to ensure execution of the actions and that losses are minimized.
- To work in collaboration with governance, business and product teams to lever the bank network, expertise and resources available outside GSAM to achieve favourable outcomes for the Bank.
- To exercise sound judgment, demonstrate business acumen and risk awareness in all decisions taken within your Delegated Authority.
- To report progress made on recoveries and comment on management of GSAM names at weekly GSAM and other forums as may be required from time to time.
- To proactively pursue the recovery of all amounts held in Off Balance Sheet and report when appropriate on progress made.
- To ensure that accurate statistics are provided in respect of impaired account portfolio for internal use within Standard Chartered Bank. In addition regular returns are required best efforts are to be made to ensure reporting is accurate and made on time.
- To undertake quality credit and financial analysis required for restructuring of outstanding, loan impairment decisions, negotiations, write offs, etc.
- To share experiences and lessons learned with all relevant constituencies.
- To participate from time to time in ad hoc projects and/or assignments where GSAM contribution is required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a second class degree from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of governance and special assets management
- Risk management experience
- Stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of the corpoarate banking business.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption/exclusion will also be required