New Graduate Job Vacancy At UNICEF Nigeria
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-30-2014
Post Title: WASH Officer
Level: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Officer (NOA)
Contract Type: Fixed Term (FT)
Duration: At least one year
Location: Multiple Duty Stations
Deadline for application: 7 October, 2014
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of experienced WASH professional NOA to be based in the UNICEF northern Field Offices.
WASH Officer (NOA) will be accountable for professional technical contribution to programme/project design, planning, administration, monitonng and evaluation of WASH programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacf building, in support ofachlevement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with UNICEF programme goals and strategy for the country.
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical EngIneering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to internationat, WASH related development assistance.
- One Year of professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization or private sector.
Minimum Technical Knowledge Requlrements for all above positions
- Essential Technical Knowledge of theories. principles and methods in allone or more of the following areas: communication for behavior change, WASH in schools rural water supply projects implementation, planning, evaluation, appropriate water supply and quality technology i.e.: community based water supply, controlling water borne related diseases, emergency (preparedness and response).
- Knowledge of the latest theories. technology and practices in: Community based sanitation i.e.: hygiene education or latrine construction and waste management.
- Gender and diversity awareness
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) an asset.
Method of Application
If you are interested in this position and meets the requirements, please send a cover letter one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualifications relate to the post and a scanned /PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_3345.html to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Tuesday, 7 October 2014.
Please mention the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email. UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here to see more latest vacancies at UNICEF Nigeria