New Job Vacancy At Eni Oil&Gas
Eni is a major integrated energy company, committed to growth in the activities of finding, producing, transforming, trading and marketing oil and gas, chemicals, oilfield services construction and engineering industries.
Eni operates in 85 countries worldwide and employs 82.300 people.
Eni men and women have a passion for challenges, continuous improvement, excellence and they particularly value people, the environment and integrity.
Corporate Health Manager
Purpose: To manage the resources and activities required to achieve optimum health and productivity for employees in the business unit, providing functional leadership to enable the local occupational health and medical support teams to achieve this and to supply expert medical advice on all matters relating to health, in particular the health of employees at work.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities: The job holder is responsible for:
- Organization, implementation and follow up the Health Management System in the Business Unit.
- To organize and running of health promotion programs for the company.
- To design, implement and follow up the occupational health programs that include the matters related to occupational medicine (EG: fitness to work, health surveillance, ergonomics, etc) and Industrial hygiene (EG: catering and water, workplace monitoring program, sampling and monitoring of risks, Health Risk Assessment, etc)
- To implement and follow up the medical support service that include the medical attention, medical insurance, specialized net of attention, medical emergency response plan and medical evacuation service.
- Participate in strategic Company objectives and policies, e.g: obtain OHSAS 18001 certification, Sustainable Health Projects, standards and procedures, etc.
- Input of health standards into the company HSE-IMS (Integrated Management System).
- Setting standards for monitoring contractors with third party health & medical service providers.
- Participation in company HSE & HR activities
- Consultation regarding health surveillance activities and database development
- Coordination the administrative activities for control budget, third medical services, providers, duties and medical records. Develop and follow up the administrative matters related with health
- Identification, assessment and advice on health risks associated with Company’s activities (including new project development), and the living environment.
- Perform the necessary health Reporting and audit activities.
- Provide Support to Community Health activities, HIA & Health social projects.
- Providing demonstrable added value to Company activities by raising standards for health
- Maintaining excellent relations with a wide range of stakeholders, including management, staff and dependants, HR and HSE advisors, contractors, professional colleagues, authorities, and local community representatives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment being an active component of the (H)SE management team.
- The position has to work closely with all functions particularly HR and HSE.
- Third party health & medical service providers, community health and health government institutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications & Experience: (Essential for satisfactory performance of the job)
- Internationally recognized medical degree meeting the requirements for a medical doctor (mandatory)
- The medical title has to be registered in Nigeria allow to practice the medical profession. (Desirable – To be done in place)
- Certification and registration in occupational medicine or Public health or Emergency speciality (EU/US level or equivalent) with at least 5 years post certification experience – (Mandatory)
- At least 5 years as Health Manager & Chief Industrial Doctor in an industrial setting, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry. (mandatory)
- English writing and speaking. (mandatory)
- Availability to travel to all project locations. (mandatory)
The job holder must have proven:
- A strong lead medical / health professional with broad expertise and experience to organise and implement a sound, integrated Occupational Health system for all Business Units.
- Has a thorough understanding of HSE management system, matched with a vision of the importance of the health component, and the ability to translate this vision in practical solutions.
- Has the professional and personal stature to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, including management, staff, dependants, contractors, other health professionals, as well as stakeholders such as health authorities, NGOs and local communities.
- Can work effectively with HR, HSE and other company and contractor staff
- Is able to communicate effectively within a multicultural setting.
- Understands and has experience/affinity with public and community health as part of sustainable development.
Suggested training and courses
- Technical Auditing course.
- HACCP audit course.
- Health Risk Assessment course.
- ATLS and ACLS training.