Demand Forecasting Lead (West Africa) > Close Date: 6th May, 2014
- Provide detailed, timely forecast reporting across all categories for input to Consensus Forecast Review, Demand Review Meeting and Profit Review Meeting.
- Develop exception reporting to enable identification and management of forecast accuracy impacts and month to month forecast changes.
- Utilise data sources such as Nielsen scan, IMS wholesaler withdrawals, Ex Factory etc to generate insights to drive forecast accuracy.
- Support Demand Forecasting Heads with FV/MODCF/Just Enough and APO system administration including pricing administration, forecast data entry and validation.
- Own, maintain and evolve forecasting tools such as the Performance Analysis Toolkit.
- Capture detailed minutes and actions at CFR meetings and distribute these to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Develop and own an online platform for sharing Demand Forecasting tools, reporting, information and examples of best practice.
- Embed processes to support key account forecast capability to drive enhanced service levels and reduced working capital requirements
- Provide analytical support to the Head of Demand Forecasting and cross functional teams as required.
- Integrate Trade Spend / Net Sales inputs to ensure forecast decisions prioritise cost effective, net sales delivery.
- Contribute to significant projects to transform the operating model, and deliver the benefits required including gross to net, complexity reduction, cost of goods and working capital reductions etc
- Provide support for baseline statistical modeling to deliver enhanced forecast accuracy
- At least 3 years experience in Demand Forecasting /Commercial Sales / Marketing operations in an FMCG environment.
- Qualification in a Commerce / Business / supply chain related discipline, logistics, supply management, demand management, operational management desirable.
- Advanced level Excel skills required.
- High attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with knowledge of supply chain forecasting / trade spend software systems and processes preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Nielsen / IMS software.
- Strong planning ability & able to work on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase value by raising standards