Nigerian Institute of Science Laboratory Technology
National Secretariat, Samonda, Ibadan
(A Professional body chartered by Act 12 of 2003 of the National Assembly) (Federal Ministry of Science and Technology)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above vacancies. The successful applicants would be assigned responsibilities which will include the headship of the established Departments at the Secretariat of the Institute.
Requirements and Experience
The candidates must fulfil the following:
- Be Fellow professional members of the Nigerian Institute of Science Laboratory Technolo9,Y (FISL T) with current practising licences and a minimum of 15 years post-qualification laboratory experience in appropriate area of science laboratory technology practice.
- Hold a Masters Degree or PhD in relevant science discipline.
- Have a wide range of experience and exposure in modern laboratory techniques and be able to operate high-tech laboratory equipment without supervision in his/her area of specialisation.
- Ability to initiate and execute research projects.
- Ability to liaise with both the public and private Institutions in matters relating to science and technology development and delivery.
- Evidence of scientific publications.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be holding current positions not below the grade of Chief Laboratory Scientist/Technologist or equivalent.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
- Salary scale is CONRAISS 15. The point of entry will depend on the candidate’s present salary and the allowances attached will be at the rates payable and the conditions of service in the Federal Government Research Institutes and Allied Institutions. Other terms will be governed by the conditions obtained in all Parastatals under the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology.
Methods of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae (15 copies) to reach the address below not later than six (6) weeks from the date of the publication of this advertisement The applicant should also submit names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be requested to forward their referees’ report under confidential cover to the address below within the period stipulated above.
Candidates that had previously applied in response to our earlier advertisement for the positions may not need to apply again except to update their CVs.
Nigerian Institute of Science Laboratory Technology, Samonda
P. O. Box 9764 U.I. Post Office, Ibadan