Nutrition Manager Needed At UNICEF Nigeria
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Nutrition Manager, P-4, Abuja, Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
Accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition project(s) to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the project management, delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives.
Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Nutrition project/programme promote gender equality, and for collaborating to mainstream key features across all related sectors of the country programme.
Key Expected Results
1. Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective project planning, development and management.
2. Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key Nutrition sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and ensuring knowledge/information exchange.
3. Quality of rights-based, gender-sensitive Nutrition projects/programmes effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to project management process through results-based management.
4. Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined project strategies and approaches, with special attention to gender/sex disaggregated data or relevant indicators.
5. Project delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
6. UNICEF`s global goals effectively promoted through advocacy and policy dialogue in the Nutrition sector.
7. Proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability ensured regarding supply and non-supply assistance as well as disbursement of programme funds for the Nutrition sector.
8. Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration, ensuring that gender-specific feature and requite issues are highlighted.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
– Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health & Nutrition, Health Sciences, International Health & Nutrition, Public Health & Nutrition Policy and Management, Family Health & Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Health & Nutrition Education, Health & Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, Public Health, Health Emergency Preparedness, or other relevant discipline(s).
– Training in gender and in nutrition programmes that promote gender equality an asset.
– Eight years of relevant work experience, including experience in developing countries.
– Background/familiarity with Emergency country context.
– Experience in monitoring gender inequalities and in programming interventions that reduce these inequalities an asset.
– Fluency in English and another UN language. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
– Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
– Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
– Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
– Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
– Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
– Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
– Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments.
– Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates team- and department-wide activities.
– Demonstrates, applies and shares expert technical knowledge across the organization.