IT Officer – (2 Positions) At Association For Reproductive And Family Health
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc.
We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions:
IT Officer – (2 positions)
- Provides assistance in the formulation of annual IT plan, IT maintenance schedule, IT policy review and emergency response procedures.
- Process service level agreements with IT service providers/companies.
- Implements IT security policies; effective deployment and management of anti-virus systems, fortification of Wi-Fi and souring and installation of quality software packages.
- Ensures volume licensing of approved softwares including client access licenses for servers for the organization.
- Installs and configures network devices and hardware’s for proper functioning of internet and intercom services within the office.
- Efficiently manages procurement of IT equipment including LAN/back-end infrastructure, internet subscriptions etc for the office.
- Maintains highest quality of customer services to all sections within the office and all project partners.
- Provides IT assistance during workshop, trainings and meetings as deemed necessary by management.
- Provides IT technical support services to the office by providing computer training to all end users.
- Ensures effective network connection and maintains the entire local area network installed at the office including IT equipments and computer accessories/peripherals.
- Manages ARFH website upgrading, maintenance and updating activities.
- Monitors and ensures the main and back-up servers, switches, routers, wireless access points for the office internet system is functioning efficiently.
- Conducts electrical safety checks on computer equipment, ensures adequate power protection and electrical back – up needs for the office IT systems.
- Ensures timely and proper maintenance of institutional email system as well as approved group addresses on all systems.
- Provides support and procedural documentation of IT inventory including movements, additions, deletions and temporary allocations of IT equipments and relevant reports.
- Provides support in other areas including use of web based platforms, share points and introduction of new softwares and technologies.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a University degree, preferably in Computer Engineering, Electrical electronic or related fields. Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in the use and maintenance of office computers, operating systems, applications, and network and communication technologies in reputable NGOS or medium-large sized organizations.
Well-developed investigative, analytical and problem solving skills. Microsoft, Cisco related certifications are a distinct advantage as well as knowledge of other essential office softwares. Ability to show understanding and patience in communicating with technology users is also essential.
METHOD OF APPLICATION Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to [email protected] on/or before May 27th, 2014. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email .Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).