Officer/Analyst Job Opening At Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
At Standard Chartered Bank, we attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 451700
Job Function: Technology & Operations
Import Letters of Credit
- Ensure that claims on LCs are promptly attended to.
- Advice inability to process immediately to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that issuance of Letter of Credit is in line with local and international standards.
- Ensure that the DOI is followed in processing and continuously reviewed to reflect current operations. Seek dispensation for all non compliance.
- Follow through with the advising bank and ensure that LC are advised promptly and provide clarifications where required.
Export Letters Of Credit
- Letters to be advised same day if authenticity of the message is established.
- Ensure same day TAT on chasing and settlement of proceeds.
- Ensure revenue is realized on received export LCs.
- Process and dispatch documents within 24hours of receipt
- Monitor Nostro reports for prompt closure of pending items.
- Ensure that payment requests with complete documentation are treated in line with SLA to avoid ageing of deal in FX recons/EPAD.
- Submission of reconciliation daily by 5 p.m
- Provide all necessary assistance to ensure nil overdue items in reconciliations.
- Trade Pending.
- Daily DTR305 reports.
- Daily status report on FX recons.
- Unutilized LC report.
- Clean running reports.
- Processing customer transaction in line with agreed SLA.
- Ensure that all customer queries and requests are responded to within 24 hours after receipt.
- Maintain comprehensive register for all products.
- Monitor and ensure end to end consummation of all processes under my role.
- Adequate start of day and end of day processes to ensure operational safety.
- Track and follow through for successful delivery of all transaction processed.
- Ensure that you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying customers, knowing customers, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers. Ensure my staffs are trained in combating money laundering.’
- Ensure / assist unit head in creation and maintenance of compliance culture, undertake compliance monitoring, generate timely and accurate compliance reports, proactively advise Country compliance on compliance issues, and update new matrices as communicated by the BCC
- Be aware of and comply with Group Policy, Local Laws and Regulations relating to the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing.
To assist the Manager, LC and Unit Head in the creation and sustenance of a strong operational risk control environment by undertaking periodic self-assessment of key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls and assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting the understanding of operational risk and implementation and management of OR within the unit
See more job vacancies at Standard Chartered Bank here