Oil and Gas Positions At Adexen Recruitment Agency
Senior Reservoir Engineer
Adexen HR and Recruitment Services is seeking to recruit a Senior Reservoir Engineer for one of its clients in Nigeria.
Our client is an integrated E&P company, a major player in production and exportation of crude in the Nigerian oil and gas sector.
The main responsibility of the Senior Reservoir Engineer is to develop and manage hydrocarbon resources using appropriate technology, ensuring cost effectiveness, to improve, and ultimate recovery and maximize production from the reservoirs. The engineer will also ensure adherence to government statutory regulations in all matters relating to reservoir engineering activities.
Reporting to the GM, Technical services, the Senior Reservoir Engineer responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Conducts reservoir simulation studies to determine optimum methods of maximizing ultimate oil recovery, and enhance individual well performance.
- Monitors production from existing fields, analyses all relevant data, and ensures that reservoirs are being properly managed, production is maximized and recoveries are optimal. To establish reservoir management strategies where they do not exist, and update them where they do.
- Directs and participates in reservoir SURVEILLANCE activities (MER, BHP etc), and reservoir definition, and behaviour prediction.
- Prepares production testing proposals and provides guidelines for execution. Evaluates and interprets results, recommends optimum methods of performance monitoring.
- Proposes studies required to manage the assets.
- Proposes schedules for work to be done and in maintaining these schedules, notify the Team Leader of any change at the earliest possible time; agreeing a new plan where needed. Estimate oil and gas resources of the asset, and document the report in an appropriate format. i.e Review of Reserves (APR).
- Prepares detailed medium and long-term production forecasts for the asset BUDGET PLANNING cycle.
- Challenges/screens well proposals, and performs well evaluations, and post mortem reviews.
- Conducts, documents and presents, field reviews, and further development proposals.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
- Accuracy of production forecast i.e. Actual vs forecast
- Perform scope of work within budget
- Ensure project tasks are being completed within assigned periods
- UNIVERSITY DEGREE in Petroleum Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- Member of SPE, NSE or relevant professional body
- Possess 8-10 solid IOC experience
- Excellent working knowledge of all aspects of Reservoir Engineering including Reservoir Simulation.
- Experience of reservoir management, and the development of new fields.
- Advanced computing skills.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Good understanding of reservoir modelling, techniques and depletion plans.
- Ability to diagnose well problems and engineer cost effective solutions.
- Must be conversant with new technology and its application in exploiting hydrocarbon reserves.
- Effective PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS.
- The ability to communicate well, and get along well with other team members and functional peers, the ability to work independently within an integrated team, and the willingness to seek guidance when needed are essential. Ability to supervise, motivate, carry out MENTOR-ship skills effectively, and prioritization of project to maximize recovery.
- Independent working, working under pressure, seeking guidance.
An attractive package
Engineering Superintendent (Marine)
Adexen is mandated to recruit an Engineering Superintendent for Nigeria.
Our client is a leader in the fabrication of drilling and production platforms in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
The Engineering Superintendent will ensure effective and efficient management of marine engineering resources. Reporting to the Marine Operations Manager, the Engineering Superintendent responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out regular assessment of KPIs on HSE, cost, schedule, quality, responsiveness to client, e.t.c.
- Oversee the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules
- Liase with customers on technical and operational matters
- Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards
- Undertake any other technical related assignments as and when required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Good first degree in and engineering discipline or any technical discipline
- A degree in naval architecture will be an advantage
- A professional qualification will also be an advantage
- A minimum of 10 years in the oil and gas BUSINESS, with a demonstrable track record of not less than 8 years in fleet maintenance.
- Previous experience with IOCs will be desirable
- A fundamental understanding of key subjects including HSE, cost, time, quality and customer management
- Extensive experience in ship building, ship repair and in dry dock operations
- Must be confident with excellent written and oral communication.
- Must have GOOD PEOPLE SKILLS
A very attractive offer.