BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), working in over 25 countries across the world. BBC Media Action works in partnership with local media agencies, civil society organisations, and governments to achieve long term development goals. We produce creative media content to inform and engage audiences, and strengthen the media sector by building professional skills and technical capacity.
BBC Media Action – Nigeria is currently seeking a talented Head of Factual Programming. This is a senior role within the Production Department
Head of Factual Programming
- With overall responsibility for ensuring all our radio, television and other factual outputs are delivered on time, in-budget and to the highest professional and editorial standards.
- The role requires extensive broadcast journalism and radio production experience and a strong journalistic instinct.
- The successful candidate will supervise multiple programmes, oversee programme planning and development, and take the day-to-day editorial decisions to ensure that our programmes meet BBC editorial standards.
- Experience in managing teams will be essential.
- The position comes with excellent terms and conditions on a local fixed- term contract.
- BBC Media Action offers a friendly and professional team of colleagues, plus real opportunities for career development.
Method of Application
The position will be based in Abuja with regulartravel around Nigeria. To apply for this job you first need to send an email to email@example.com requesting for the job description for the job. Please read the job description carefully and if you think you meet the requirements for the job then send an up-to-date CV and a supporting letter to the same email address. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is 14th May 2014.