GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Inspection Technologies Sales Manager
Ref No: 3078776
Job Function: Sales
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
- Working as part of the Inspection Technologies business
- The Sales Manager will lead Sales execution , development & implementation of growth strategies for BHGE inspection technologies to meet the market’s needs in Southern Africa,
- BHGE provides a full suite of non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions and equipment including radiography, CT computed tomography, remote visual inspection, ultrasound, eddy current and hardness testing products.
- Self-Starter, responsible for driving orders and sales through new and existing clients
- Develop and execute territory and specific account sales plans
- Responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and capable to effect short and long-term business goals.
- Accountable to deliver on commitments and communicate progress and support required
- Execute Strategies to win in a competitive landscape
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Study Market environment and analyze competition trends, Work with Marketing to develop project specific sales strategies for assigned customers
- Create and Drive Process Changes to develop winning strategies and Order closure
- Embrace customer focused mindset and commit to build and improve relationships with customers.
- Practice Value Selling for the technology as a differentiator
- Negotiate contracts as required
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, product needs, and customer base
- Cultivate long term relationships at all levels of customer organization
- Responsible for leading, managing and developing existing and new Channel Partners within assigned geography
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sales). Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Sales Origination.
- Proven technical and commercial sales experience as an individual contributor
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with a globally dispersed team of sales managers. Demonstrated success in exceeding Orders and Revenue targets and managing multiple customer success metrics
- Ideally minimum of 5 years working in the Inspection Non-Destructive Testing “NDT” Industry
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that enable working in matrix environment, externally with customers and internally thru product company team.
- Exceptional Team player traits
- Capable of striving under pressure and working effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in English
- Must have local Market knowledge and deep understanding of business dynamics
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Knowledge of markets, applications, and competition in Oil & Gas, Power Gen or Aviation industries. Experience in Non-Destructive Testing industry marketing
Job Title: Field Application Engineer – Bently Nevada
Ref No: 3078759
Job Function: Sales
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
- leads customer facing engagement and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business and is a recognized expert in a specialized field within the Condition Monitoring space.
- Responsible for complex assignments with short-term tactical goals and long-term strategic business implications, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Mature business opportunities through technical levers, to qualify the sales pipeline and convince potential customers in competitive environment
- Conduct site walkdowns and asset condition monitoring solution assessment surveys
- Develop solution design optionality with articulation of pros/cons from buyer and seller perspective
- Support creation and delivery of customer value proposition presentations based on the above
- Support Commercial organization with critical opportunity ToC (Table of Compliance) as needed.
- Develop and execute sales strategies relevant to the market using techno-strategic levers that speak to market desired outcomes.
- Gather industry intelligence to support informed business decision-making.
- Direct customer management through clear communication internally and externally
- Document competitors’ activities and assess potential market moves based on product/solution technical offerings.
- Review and influence customer specifications to assure compliance and/or noted exceptions for development of equipment and service quotations
- Make technical presentations to all levels of customer organization.
- Develop engineering and installation technical work scope, schedules and cost estimates to facilitate offering.
- Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk with regards to area of expertise, within the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process
- Contribute positively to regional sales, orders, profitability, and ITO quality goals
- Educate Sales, Services and ITO team on latest NPI’s – New Products Introductions, thru trainings and workshops
- Support with select deployment/implementation of NPI projects and feeding back services and product line with gained experience to improve product maturity and dissemination of knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in Oil & Gas and/or Power industry.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Rotating/Reciprocating Asset Condition Monitoring space in area of solution design/architecture and/or deployment.
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong outcome/solution selling mindset
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel on short notice across the region and for 50% of the time.
Job Title: QC Inspector
Ref No: 3079163
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Function: Manufacturing
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
- Verification that equipment is assembled and tested to specified requirements and that all 3rd party inspection activities are complete and accepted.
- The Quality Control (QC) Inspector maintains and handover completed and QC verified build documentation as evidence of product compliance regarding:Stage and Trace RequirementsUnit InspectionMVB Assembly InspectionMVB Testing InspectionTree Unitisation InspectionSchematics Requirements InspectionTree Completions InspectionTree Testing Inspection
- Identification and appropriate labelling of non-conforming product to prevent its unintended use.
- Raising and closing of Internal Reject Reports (IRRs) to facilitate the control and rework of non-conforming product.
- Raising of survey reports detailing the condition of field returned equipment to determine the extent of rework and remanufacture.
- Deliver Quality products that meet all requirements to meet production deadlines
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner giving due care and diligence with Colleagues and in the work place.
- College Educated in Mechanical Engineering or Quality Discipline and/ or equivalent.
- Boroscope Inspection
- Dimensional Inspection
- Documentation Inspection
- PMI Testing Requirements
- Stage and Final Assembly and Testing Inspection Requirements.
- Product technical knowledge and an understanding of Engineering Drawings, Part Specifications, API codes and Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to perform detailed dimensional inspection of component parts.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and the risks and hazards associated with an assembly and pressure testing environment.
- Inter-personal skills to co-ordinate with GE personnel, clients, client representatives and competent bodies on matters of quality and final product acceptance
- NDE experience in LPI, MPI and UT would be an advantage
- Oral & Written Communication: Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Team Work: Demonstrates good team working abilities and should be able to arrange and manage events which involve various teams.
- Customer Focus: Maintains customer focus, both internal and external.
- Good customer relationships are to be maintained to help generate a sense of belonging for internal customers and project the company as being customer sensitive to external customers.
- Commercial Awareness: Understands and applies commercial and financial principles.
- Flexibility: Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts.
- Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information
- Good level of comprehension in written and oral English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply