Ongoing Recruitment In OLX Nigeria
Naspers is a leading multinational media group, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and has an ADR listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE). MIH Internet is a subsidiary of Naspers. Our leading online classifieds business is OLX, which operates in the +100 emerging markets.
From your PC (http://www.olx.com) and your mobile phone (http://m.olx.com)
OLX, a world leading online classifieds company, is looking for a talented Marketing Manager to lead the marketing effort in Nigeria. Daily responsibilities will include the development and execution of an integrated marketing strategy, driving execution excellence to reach performance goals while managing both internal and external marketing stakeholders.
The position will provide the opportunity to be a significant driver for our fast growing business in an international, entrepreneurial environment. OLX is looking for an individual with a strong grasp of fundamental marketing principles, knowledge of the local market and creative but yet with strong analytical skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Translate OLX´s business priorities into an actionable and clearly communicated marketing plan.
- Utilize market research, customer insights and data-driven analysis to develop the marketing plan with a focus on both the strategic direction and operational execution.
- Ensure day-to-day implementation focuses on increasing direct traffic, engagement and loyalty of the OLX user base.
- Implement best-in-class marketing practices and document key processes.
- Plan and oversee the end-to-end development of effective offline media creatives (TVCs, Radio etc) and perform continuous process optimization and user testing for increased quality and cost efficiencies.
- Lead the campaign development and align relevant regional and local stakeholders.
- Possess a strong understanding of technical marketing principles, specifically media planning, and drive performance through data-driven insights.
- Plan and oversee the development and implementation of media purchases (Briefs, Media Planning, Media monitoring, etc.)
- Drive all offline marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- Possess strong budget management skills with the ability to deliver all marketing activity within the agreed budget.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Have a clear understanding of digital marketing channels and plan all web, SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Work with agencies, vendor partners and relevant internal stakeholders to execute.
- Design and maintain our social media presence across key platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies. Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple digital channels and customer touch points.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree from a leading university; MBA a plus
- 4-6 years experience in Marketing in a leading role with a portfolio of multiple leading brands. Internet / classifieds experience a plus.
- Articulate, clear thinking, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Humble, flexible personality.
- Extensive experience coordinating the design and execution of TV campaigns.
- Knowledge of the local Nigerian market.
- Experienced in managing multi -million dollar budgets.
- Experienced in people management.
- Data driven mind set and experience in online analytics.
- Gained work experience in high-performance environments. Has a proven track record of personal, academic and professional marketing achievements in an international field, both online and offline.
- Passionate about online and has deep interest in developing businesses.