Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.
Job Title: Operations Associate
The Operations Associate is a service-oriented person who will support the Office Manager in the day to day running of the Andela Lagos office. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable with working at unsociable hours where necessary, multitasking and adaptable to a fast paced organisation. He/she is passionate about Andela’s mission and technology and would be required to leverage on his/her existing network in providing service to Andela.
The position is full-time based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Operations and Logistics
- General administrative support to Operations leadership as might be required.
- Scheduling general meetings, preparation of audio-visuals and tele-conferencing equipment.
- Workspace management and allocation.
- Assisting with event organisation and planning.
- Supervision and coaching of Office assistant and operations interns.
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Timely procurement of items and ensure best value for money.
- Manage database of current suppliers and update as necessary.
- Track office supplies and trigger restock when minimum re-order level is approached.
- Data handling and reporting
- Maintain accurate record of purchases and analyse same to provide insight into financial operations as might be required.
- Prepare weekly expenditure reports for Office Management unit and support Office manager in budgeting.
- Run surveys for Operations department and distill information from these surveys for decision making.
Requirements (what makes you a great fit for this role):
- 2-4 years experience in operations and/or logistics in a fast paced company
- Proficiency with business apps such as Google Apps, Dropbox
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of procurement procedure and systems
- Attention to details
- Critical thinker and problem solver adept at planning and organizing
- Self-starter with a proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- Being a good person; we have a “no jerk” policy at Andela
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply